EP10's not discoverable in Home Assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-18 01:44:50 - last edited 2023-01-18 08:46:21
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Started playing with Home Assistant and having no luck with my EP10 Smart Plugs.I have three EP10’s and none are discoverable. Manually entering the IP addresses did not work either.

They are connected on a TP-Link S4 Mesh system, they all are configured with DHCP reservation and they do show up as Clients. All EP10’s work through the Kasa and Smart-Things apps fine. The only really strange thing I’ve discovered is that none of the EC10’s answer a ping request.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Edit: After chatting with TP-Link support nothing was resolved as we could not find out why these EP10's are acting like this. Afterwards, I remembered I had one more in the box to play with. This one had never been setup before so I added it and crossed my fingers. It was discoverable in Home Assistant and worked fine. It would also respond to ping requests. Feeling pretty good now, I went to each of the ones already in use and Reset/Configured each one again. Now they too are working correctly. Who knows ?????

Options
2 Reply
Re:EP10's not discoverable in Home Assistant
2023-01-18 17:41:14

@JerryInTellico,

As Home Assistant is an unsupported platform, we wont be able to provide much information on the topic. However, I know that on the github or HA forums there was a thread of users indicating the behavior and an easy way to get the devices to connect. I would recommend looking around to see if you can find what other people had done to fix the issue in the past.

Options
Re:EP10's not discoverable in Home Assistant
2023-01-19 01:00:29
There was no problem with Home Assistant and I know you do not support 3rd party software. I only mentioned HA because it was how I discovered the issues with the EP10's. I have had strange issues with TP-Link/Kasa hardware and software that your tech support could not help with. Almost always a Reset/Configure Again cures hardware issues and almost always Uninstall/Re-Install works for your apps. At least for me.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 321

Replies: 2