Wiring configuration KS230

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 05:09:39
Tags: #Dimmer #wiring
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm having trouble getting my 3way dimmable light to work. Attached is a drawing i put together of how it is currently configured compared to the manufacturer's drawing. What am i doing wrong here? I can get both switches to have a white ring and the main switch's white ring will turn on and off when i press it but the satellite switch won't do anything when i press it. Also, i do not detect any voltage at the Satellite switch but the light is still illuminated. 

c082fecf6e9b4b4898f22e276249df99

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wiring configuration KS230
2023-05-22 17:53:22

@AmateurElectro,

First off, if the light is still illuminated, but no voltage is detected - make sure that you have double and triple-checked how your circuits are wired. It could be that there is another switch in the mix or that the light is actually "between" the switches and is not the standard method of wiring a three-way switch.

Normally, when there are behaviors such as this, it is a result of the traveler wires not lining up between the satellite and main units.

Does the light dim when using the main switch or is the light receiving constant power?

Options
2023-05-28 17:19:23

@Riley_S The light is not illuminated. It does not work at all with either of the switches.

I had one set of dimmable 3 ways in (KS320) and the switches wouldn't even light up, then i replaced them with another set from another room and the white circles lit up. I changed no wiring configuration for this, just a swap. But it still does not provide power to the light.

Options
2023-05-28 17:19:58

@AmateurElectro KS230*

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Tags

Dimmer
wiring