HS-200 Switch unable to power one of two lights on the load

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 15:28:38
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a single pole switch that connects to two outdoor lights in my house; the patio light and the light above the garage. As in, when the switch is turned on, both lights will turn on. I changed the switch to the HS-200 smart swith, and afterwards only the patio light comes on, but not the garage light. My electric box (which contains two switches, one single pole and one three-way switch) does have both black wires for each switch, and one ground and one nuetral. I thought this would be a fairly simple install since it is a single pole, but I guess not. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you. 

Options
1 Reply
Re: HS-200 Switch unable to power one of two lights on the load
2023-10-11 18:06:06

@Sammaverick,

I would verify that the wires are setup in the way that you think they are, it may be that the second bulb has its own wire in the box. Otherwise, there is no real reason that only one bulb should be powered as long as they are both along the same line. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 124

Replies: 1

Related Articles