Introducing New Colored Smart Switches (HS200) and Dimmer (HS220)

Introducing New Colored Smart Switches (HS200) and Dimmer (HS220)

13 Reply
Re:Introducing New Colored Smart Switches (HS200) and Dimmer (HS220)
a week ago

@Riley_S I would love to see 3-way switches offered in black, that way I can do my kitchen.

Options
Wednesday

Hey @Hojni,

The BT-enabled devices help dramatically with set up and will prevent your phone from having to switch networks during setup - which is where this behavior usually originates from.

Tapo devices, in general, should not have a problem connecting to networks with a mixed band network. If it is having difficulties, it is often the result of a network setting conflicting with the device's switch to 2.4GHz and may be a simple setting change - but we normally recommend configuring an IoT network so you do not have to change settings for your main network.

Furthermore, recent releases will always have more up-to-date hardware and will have a higher amount of compatibility with networks using the latest tech.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Wednesday

Hey @rjenk,

There has definitely been a significant increase in this type of request, and I am working with our product team to come up with a few different solutions for potential future releases. Colored switches and dimmers are still planned in our roadmap, but depending on our findings, we may have a feedback opportunity in a few months to help us understand the scale and use of colored switches/plates.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Related Articles