No activity recordings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No activity recordings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No activity recordings
No activity recordings
2023-03-13 13:12:24
Model: EC60   EC70  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

On multiple days I had both cameras on and for some reason only 1 camera was able to record activity through out the day. How can I see if the camera was unplugged manually or if it was a connection issue or cloud connection issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:No activity recordings
2023-03-13 23:22:04

@Mio2fresh,

From the Kasa app, there is no real way to tell if a device was disconnected for a time. You would most likely have more success finding this in your router settings. If it was recent you may be able to find some sort of uptime that would indicate how long a device has been connected. How are you recording the footage on these devices? Are these cloud recordings, or are they recording to an SD Card?

I have not seen any reports of a cloud failure in the last few weeks, I think the last outage was over a month ago and affected only a small region of the Pacific Islands. 

If you do believe that it was a disconnect, you may try to set an IP reservation for the device, which would give a guaranteed route for its connection.

Options
2023-03-14 00:23:15

@Riley_S 

thanks for responding to me. The camera that was disconnected was on the cloud recordings. The camera that has video footage is on a sd card. But either way both cameras were on and recording on those days. I have them connected to my Alexa account so I was able to to and get audio from my Alexa recent activity recordings on that day during those times, and there's audio proving someone was home in the living room an d that's the camera that has no footage. My bedroom camera was still recording and has footage and audio that picks up to the living room. I took the SD card out to preserve the footage before the expiration timeframe. And even doing so, the footage was still on the bedroom camera until it expired. I had Amazon send me a copy of the activity data and on that document it shows that the living room camera was on at one point and then became unavailable, and states an unknown source and gives a source of endpoint.remote.68. There was activity from my Alexa recordings that were also deleted and shows the dates and times that unknown source accessed my Alexa recordings and deleted specific dates/ times it was picking up audio. The timeframe of when the cam recording was shut off, unplugged, or disconnected is the same times the Alexa audio activity recordings were deleted. 

sorry for the long explanation of events. But I was just hoping to get more detailed information as to what the cause of disconnection of the cam footage was. I really appreciate your time. Thanks again.

Options
2023-03-14 00:26:00
Options
2023-03-14 00:27:39
Caption

@Mio2fresh 

Options