Dimmer not working-KS220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dimmer not working-KS220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dimmer not working-KS220
Dimmer not working-KS220
2024-01-02 00:05:09

Installed the KS220 in 1 of 2 light switches in my Kitchen. There is a switch on each side. 6 LED recessed lights in the ceiling. The light switch will turn the light on and off but they come on dim and flickering. The KS220 does nothing but the indicator light flashes green and orange. Doesn't turn anything on or off. Doesn't dim anything. The switch on the other side of the kitchen is the only one that does anything. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dimmer not working-KS220
2024-01-04 00:15:18

@ConfusedOne,

It sounds like you are trying to use the device in a three-way configuration, which the KS230 is meant for. I know users have had success using switches in other configurations, but I do not think that this extends the same to dimmers. You may try using the KS220 in the other light switch as there is a main and a satellite in three-way configurations, but is is not officially supported and a device meant for 3-way connections is recommended.

Also, the indicator light flashing green and orange indicates that the device is simply ready for setup in the Kasa app - where you will be prompted to perform a dimming calibration. Which sets a minimum brightness for the lights so as to avoid flickering at the lower levels.

Options
Re:Dimmer not working-KS220
2024-01-04 00:19:23

@Riley_S  what do you mean by 3 way configuration? There is 1 regular switch on one side of the room. Another regular switch on the other side. They both control the 6 recessed lights in the kitchen ceiling. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 2

Related Articles