Man's voice coming from camera mic

2024-01-15 14:31:23 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:55:00
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Twice now I have heard a (british?) man's voice coming from the mic of my camera. I wasn't close enough to hear the words unfortunately, and can't think of similar circumstances between the two occurrences to know why it happened on these occasions, it seems random. How do I prevent this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Man's voice coming from camera mic-Solution
2024-01-18 08:17:33 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:55:00

@Mel11 

Hi,
The Tapo C100 has inserted some English notify voices and will be triggered when resetting the camera, configuring the camera successfully, and the SD card works abnormally.
From your description, it may be the SD card works abnormally on the camera so you hear the notify voice. You can check if the SD card is formatted or recognized by the camera when you hear the voice, and send us the words you heard for further analysis.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Man's voice coming from camera mic
2024-01-16 10:00:30 - last edited 2024-01-16 10:26:24

@Mel11 

Hi,
The phenomenon may be related to your usage scenario. For example, when you watch the camera on the Tapo app, you press the Talk button accidentally and the voice from your home TV is sent to the camera. Usually, only the people who log in to the Tapo app with the owner account and shared account can talk to the camera, and you can try the following steps to prevent this phenomenon.
1. Do not share your camera with other accounts(Refer to the part: How to stop device sharing?).
How to share my Tapo Smart Devices with family?

2. Change your passwords regularly, use a unique password different from other website accounts, and enable the 2FA feature on the Tapo app to protect your account.
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?

Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-16 10:49:55

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply, but this is not the case. I am sitting quietly with my husband in the same room, only the two of us are on the account, and we hear a voice out of the blue. It sounds like some sort of notification message, not conversational

Options
Re:Man's voice coming from camera mic-Solution
2024-01-18 08:17:33 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:55:00

@Mel11 

Hi,
The Tapo C100 has inserted some English notify voices and will be triggered when resetting the camera, configuring the camera successfully, and the SD card works abnormally.
From your description, it may be the SD card works abnormally on the camera so you hear the notify voice. You can check if the SD card is formatted or recognized by the camera when you hear the voice, and send us the words you heard for further analysis.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-18 09:51:37

@Solla-topee Ok, thank you, that might be it as our electricity goes off for load shedding frequently. I will send the words through when I hear what the voice says.

Options
2024-01-18 10:06:23

@Mel11 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your cooperation, and please feel free to reply to us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-19 18:32:12

@Solla-topee hi, I just heard it again, he did say "there's a problem with your SD card". Is there a way to turn this off, or do we need to format the SD card?

Options
2024-01-22 09:38:27 - last edited 2024-01-23 07:51:06

@Mel11 

Hi,
Currently, there is no way to turn off this notification voice, and you can try to format the SD card for a try if you do not mind. 

When you hear the voice, does the SD card work fine on the Tapo camera? You can go to the camera's Live View>Playback & Download>Playback>SD card page to check if the video recordings are available and if there are no problems to watch them.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 12:12:01
Hi, yes it is working fine, we are able to access recordings on the sd card. Ok if we hear it again, we will have to format it unfortunately. Thanks for your assistance!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 8

Related Articles