Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers

302 Reply
Re:Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers
2021-09-03 05:56:42 - last edited 2021-09-03 05:58:32

Hey any answer any reaction? Tplink support is tooooo bad and you no answer to us, I saw Huawei routers support, their admins will answer too fast and support is very good, so sorry for TP-Link.

Options
2021-09-03 08:12:25

@Abdol 

Hi, Support doesn’t get advanced notice of when new updates are being released or when a feature update will be available.  
Right now, the feature is planned but we cannot guarantee when or if. We do ask for updates and provide the information that we are able to, but release dates aren’t something that is known. The dates can change and often do. If we were to say X product or X feature was coming out on X date and it didn't that would be worst.

So if the beta firmware is not working, or you have further issues, we would be glad to provide any assistance.

But for the release date, we, like the rest of the users could keep checking regularly on Fridays when the website is updated.

Options
2021-09-03 08:53:54

@TP-Link 

Yes, but for mr6400 v5 , manuall Band selection frimware is in beta version about 10 months, and we think it's time to release a stable band selection update for it, although this beta version works good I tested it, but we don't like to use a beta version for long time, and , I request to add 3g band selection too, it has 4g band selection but it has no 3g band selection, just release a stable update, it's no need many changes, it can be ready so fast, because almost it's working good

Options
2021-09-03 09:24:12 - last edited 2021-09-03 09:27:54

TP-Link wrote

So if the beta firmware is not working, or you have further issues, we would be glad to provide any assistance.

@TP-Link 

How can I have band selection, and disabled mesh hidden SSID on the MR600v1 please.

And with normal background in the UI, not this "CONFIDENTIAL" "ONLY FOR TEST" thing that makes everything hard to read.

Options
2021-09-03 10:08:45

@kernash 

Hi, you have made a very solid point.
Did anyone have the same dilemma that needs to install the two, even more, beta firmware at the same time(please leave me a private message) so that I could push them again to speed up the process?
PS: Could not guarantee an official firmware, maybe a combination fix of all the current beta firmware without the watermark.

@Abdol 

For the manual band selection on the 3G band, I did not recall whether there was the same feedback before so I think it has not been planned yet.
Would you mind starting a new thread about this feature and let’s see how many users have the same needs?

Options
2021-09-03 14:22:06

@TP-Link 

Is it a hard work to add 3g band selection? You added 4g Band selection. So you did it actually, just complete it  not hard work it's simple now.

Just go and see Huawei routers framware and learn some user full option services

Options
Re:[Solution]Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers
2021-09-07 15:37:21 - last edited 2021-09-07 15:42:39

@Kevin_Z @TP-Link 
I am not able to change the firmware, getting below error for Archer MR200 v5 00000001:
Error code: 71211
"Failed to upload upgrade file. Please select the correct file."
However I am using the correct BIN file.
Thanks!

Options
Re:[Solution]Manual Band Selection for 4G WiFi Routers
2021-09-11 05:23:29

@Kevin_Z for MR200 v.5 EU it helps a lot. My router with latest official firmware kept insisting on using either Band 3 or 20 with 75% signal strength and these got 20-30 Mbps download. While Band 1 is at 100% of strength and gives me a 80 Mbps download. So I can't understand why official router FW keeps switching to lower signal band too. 

Sticking to this BETA, as no sign of LTE Band selection on the latest stable one. I hope someday it will be delivered. As it solves a big issue.

Options
2021-09-11 09:46:25

@TP-Link  @Kevin_Z

I have a Archer MR600 V1 purchased in July 2021.

I wonder how to navigate which firmware version is considered new, BETA of one type or BETA of another type?

And which BETA has the manual band selection that works and is the absolute latest "temporary" solution?

A few weeks ago I noticed this band choice problem and spent (literally) hours reading about this issue here of this forum. (not what I had planned!)

So I then went through the real trouble of installing this my current version (1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201204 Rel.66940n).

The text "Build 201204" is the date correct? So December 4, 2020? So 10 months ago? I used the Utility tool and installed it.

It gave me the choice to choose bands manually. But it seems unstable (I have to reboot alot) and has that "confidential" message written sideways on the web interface.

Not so professional.

NOW when I look at the web interface on my device (http://tplinkmodem.net/)  it says I can upgrade online to v (1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n)

Now that date: "Build 200511" seems to be May 11, 2020? That is 16 months ago! So this is an earlier OFFICIAL upgrade I am offered to do from a later BETA and that most likely does not include the manual band choice? Please answer...

BUT on the support page (https://www.tp-link.com/se/support/download/archer-mr600/v1/#Firmware)I can see a version called: Archer MR600(EU)_V1_210608 and Published Date: 2021-06-10 So this is what? A newer BETA? This was published 3-4 months ago? Does it include Manual band choice?

Listen, this is 100% unacceptable TP Link! No bad vibes on you personally who is answering us in this forum, but how on earth can a product

be sold and then your answer is "We don't know when the team will get around to fixing a proper firmware version that includes solution we have solved in a series of Betas but somehow can not place into a proper solution. Just check back here every Friday and hope for the best."?

Please! Right now, go Print out this LOOOOONG forum chat on paper, copy 15 copies, walk up or down to the office were these hackers sit

and demand that they deal with this issue!! This product is STILL BEING SOLD IN STORES! 

I don't want to be unpolite but THIS CHAT HAS 59 KUDOS, 32796 VIEWS and 200 REPLIES!!! It should be your NO 1 Priority!!

Options
2021-09-18 07:30:00

@TP-Link @Kevin_Z 
It's been over a year now since you guys released the first beta for MR600v1, but you couldn't release a stable build. And, finally, decided to unpin this thread as it's getting a lot of traction. Kudos to your support team!! Keep Rocking!!

Durkster wrote

@TP-Link  @Kevin_Z

I have a Archer MR600 V1 purchased in July 2021.

I wonder how to navigate which firmware version is considered new, BETA of one type or BETA of another type?

And which BETA has the manual band selection that works and is the absolute latest "temporary" solution?

A few weeks ago I noticed this band choice problem and spent (literally) hours reading about this issue here of this forum. (not what I had planned!)

So I then went through the real trouble of installing this my current version (1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 201204 Rel.66940n).

The text "Build 201204" is the date correct? So December 4, 2020? So 10 months ago? I used the Utility tool and installed it.

It gave me the choice to choose bands manually. But it seems unstable (I have to reboot alot) and has that "confidential" message written sideways on the web interface.

Not so professional.

NOW when I look at the web interface on my device (http://tplinkmodem.net/)  it says I can upgrade online to v (1.2.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 200511 Rel.44954n)

Now that date: "Build 200511" seems to be May 11, 2020? That is 16 months ago! So this is an earlier OFFICIAL upgrade I am offered to do from a later BETA and that most likely does not include the manual band choice? Please answer...

BUT on the support page (https://www.tp-link.com/se/support/download/archer-mr600/v1/#Firmware)I can see a version called: Archer MR600(EU)_V1_210608 and Published Date: 2021-06-10 So this is what? A newer BETA? This was published 3-4 months ago? Does it include Manual band choice?

Listen, this is 100% unacceptable TP Link! No bad vibes on you personally who is answering us in this forum, but how on earth can a product

be sold and then your answer is "We don't know when the team will get around to fixing a proper firmware version that includes solution we have solved in a series of Betas but somehow can not place into a proper solution. Just check back here every Friday and hope for the best."?

Please! Right now, go Print out this LOOOOONG forum chat on paper, copy 15 copies, walk up or down to the office were these hackers sit

and demand that they deal with this issue!! This product is STILL BEING SOLD IN STORES! 

I don't want to be unpolite but THIS CHAT HAS 59 KUDOS, 32796 VIEWS and 200 REPLIES!!! It should be your NO 1 Priority!!

Options
Related Articles