Deco APP Release Note

Deco APP Release Note

264 Reply
Re:Deco APP 3.0
2022-12-05 18:33:21

@David-TP it seems the download speed is shown wrongly. It's supposed to be 3Mbps but the Deco app on iPhone shows 33Mbps.

Options
2022-12-06 09:26:19

DAServices wrote

@akapal ,

What you are seeing are the internal Deco Mesh Upload and download numbers. They have nothing to do with your ISP bandwidth. 

Hi, arktiknova, I think DAServices explained it correctly and the APP speed in the device settings is the real-time internal speed within LAN. It is not the same as what you have seen via SpeedTest via Ookala SpeedTest for example. So sometimes you will see it blank "--" or more than the actual speed you have got on the device.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-06 10:38:45 - last edited 2022-12-06 10:39:34

@David-TP I've just updated the app and it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

My wifi still works ok, so the Deco's itself must be working normally. However, when I open the new app, I get the "Couldn't find Deco" error:

Every so often, the app actually shows my network, but just for half a second and then it goes back to this error message.

I have logged out and back in and it didn't make any difference. I'm using app from home while connected to the Deco network/wifi.

Options
2022-12-06 11:47:51

@DenisO 

Hi, can you help me get the APP log on the Deco APP:

How to submit Deco APP log

There are several feedback about this issue recently and the engineers are working on it now. I will update here at once if the solution is ready.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-06 22:31:56

@David-TP 

Running APP v 3.0.48 on iOS.  My Deco is the M9+ unit (3), running FW 1.5.6.

Serious bug in functionality -  APP V3.x appears to have removed the "Pause Internet" function which was included in the Parental Controls.  The "Block" function only allows for a 24h block.

I have various local IoT devices around my house which I want to allow local network access, but I wish to BLOCK from accessing the internet (full time, 24h/day, 7day/week).  These devices have static IP addresses assigned in the Address Reservation section of the app, some are wired and some are wi-fi. In the previous version of the app, I was able to assign these devices to a Parental Control Profile, and then Pause this profile indefinitely, which disabled internet access but maintaned local network access.

The latest BLOCK function blocks the profile for 24 hours.  The Bedtime and Time Limit functions do not allow permanent 24h internet blocking. 

Adding the device(s) to the client Block List works initially, but if the device loses power and attempts to reconnect to the network, it is not allowed to reconnect/is not granted it's IP address reservation.

This bug/removal of the Pause Internet feature needs to be fixed ASAP please.  We need the ability to block internet access but retain local network access.  Please help/escalate.

Thank you,

Options
2022-12-07 01:31:08

@Steveo369 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

It will be fixed on the later version very soon.

And so far, even though it said "block for Today", it actually did block the parental control profile full time(24h/day, 7 days/week).

Best regards.

Options
2022-12-07 15:28:30

@David-TP 

Good day dear Sirs

That was a great work you have done with the Deco app!!! 

As for me and my experience there are some more features, which are possible do add, I hope) 

The first one and more important for me would be possibility to add each device(phone, TV, robocleaner, fridge and etc.) to exactly Deco station(I have 5) I want. What is the reason? The reason is, that the on of the Deco devices connecting to the main one, but should do it through another Deco(main one is in the center and 2 is connecting to the main but should connect through the 1 deco). That would be great, believe me, I am not alone))) 

And the second one is a request, please, if is possible, add some more pictures for devices, like TV, Notebook, PC, Console, Ps/Xbox, vacuum cleaner, teapot, fridge, all that is now connecting to smart home. 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!! 

File:
img_1670426891994.pngDownload
Options
2022-12-07 17:35:28

@David-TP Just updated to Deco version 3.1 on iOS and now another problem appeared.

The device client numbers connected are no longer showing after the update.

Options
2022-12-08 01:16:15

David-TP wrote

@Steveo369 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

It will be fixed on the later version very soon.

And so far, even though it said "block for Today", it actually did block the parental control profile full time(24h/day, 7 days/week).

Best regards.

@David-TP :

Thank you for the information; I see that this has been shown differently in APP v3.1.7 posted today.  Wonderful news.

However, I note a couple of additional bugs in this version of the APP:

1. In Parental Controls, the 'Block' function replaced the "Pause Internet" function.  This is fine, however the term Block when used under Parental Controls behaves differently than when a Device is added to the Block List from the Clients page of the App. 

A Block using Parental Controls (previously Pause Internet) restricts the Devices in that Profile from accessing the Internet, but still allows local network access.

A Block (device) by adding a Device to the Block List from Clients completely restricts the device from accessing the Deco network (both local and Internet access) it is a true device block.

Using the same term of "Block" for both of these functions is confusing.  The previous use of the terms Pause Internet for Parental Controls and Block for blocking a device did not have this confusion.  The TP-Link team should review/revise this to provide better clarity on how these functions are named and how they work.

2.  When I navigate to Parental Controls and then to a Profile with Block turned on, and then to Edit, the Devices section shows "None", but navigating into this section shows a device registered in this profile.

Options
2022-12-08 02:10:26

@Steveo369 

Hi, Thank you very much for your ideas. It is very useful.

I was also quite confused why the engineers decided to change it to "Block", instead of "Pause" the profile at the very beginning. And I will check with them to see if there is any further optimization later.

As for the devices in the profile, somehow I was unable to reproduce this issue. If it showed "none" all the time since the APP had a delay sometimes, could you please refer to this link to help me get the APP log:How to submit Deco APP log

Best regards.

Options

Tags

Related Articles