EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-25 21:43:09
Thanks @Kevin_Z.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-25 21:45:21
Well, is not so simple because of Ethernet line installation between two floors :)
Options
2023-08-26 11:59:45

hi  @ImEasy ,

No opportunity of using a powerline?

I got those for my garden (shed ) and works fine.
Example

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-26 12:50:05

@Thom_NL 

Hi, 

Tried gigabit powerline in the past but network was very unstable i assume because house installation is pretty old.

Anyway, i find the way to run new cat6a ethernet line between floors(routers), so i will share here my results when i finish whole setup.

Thanks for suggestions, really appreciate :)

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-08-27 05:45:58

@Kevin_Z  Dont know why most other brand support mesh both wired and wireless easily and intuitively while tplink always chooses the hardest ways to do.

Kevin_Z wrote

LinkFX wrote

Do both routers in the setup need to support Ethernet EasyMesh or is it fine for only one of them to support Ethernet backbone if the other one can still do EasyMesh (like for instance the second router supports EasyMesh but hasnt been updated with Ethernet EasyMesh)?

@LinkFX Thanks for asking.

Only when both routers support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul can you build up the EasyMesh network via Ethernet Backhaul.

Options
2023-08-27 17:23:27
Hi @Kevin_Z, any update for AX55?
Options
2023-08-28 10:32:16

Lilcris wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, but using easymesh not AP mode for satellite coz I want to achieve same wifi name woth smooth roaming around the house without loosing half of my internet speed.

RE705X is closed to the main router and I can connect via wireless, so no worries for the speed, my concern is the C80 which situated at the first floor which has thick walls and floor from 2nd floor. So C80 will be connected to main router via ethernet cable, since both AX72 and C80 support ethernet backhaul I hope easymesh will work smoothly without network loop issue.

@Lilcris Basically, what you tried to do should work. The C80 is connected to the AX72 via EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, and RE705X connects to the AX72 via wireless. 

Are you saying yours doesn't work properly? Please try to connect the C80 to the main AX72 via Ethernet after joining EasyMesh, then check and make sure EasyMesh is building up successfully. Once that is confirmed, please reset the RE705X to factory defaults, and try to add it to the EasyMesh via wireless to observe if it connects properly.

Again, make sure the firmware for the AX72, C80, and RE705X is up-to-date.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-28 10:51:27

hi @Gin11 ,

See this emulator page.

There is a kind of mesh available.

regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-28 10:59:15

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you! Easymesh wired + wireless connection works perfectly.

Kevin_Z wrote

Lilcris wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, but using easymesh not AP mode for satellite coz I want to achieve same wifi name woth smooth roaming around the house without loosing half of my internet speed.

RE705X is closed to the main router and I can connect via wireless, so no worries for the speed, my concern is the C80 which situated at the first floor which has thick walls and floor from 2nd floor. So C80 will be connected to main router via ethernet cable, since both AX72 and C80 support ethernet backhaul I hope easymesh will work smoothly without network loop issue.

@Lilcris Basically, what you tried to do should work. The C80 is connected to the AX72 via EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, and RE705X connects to the AX72 via wireless. 

Are you saying yours doesn't work properly? Please try to connect the C80 to the main AX72 via Ethernet after joining EasyMesh, then check and make sure EasyMesh is building up successfully. Once that is confirmed, please reset the RE705X to factory defaults, and try to add it to the EasyMesh via wireless to observe if it connects properly.

Again, make sure the firmware for the AX72, C80, and RE705X is up-to-date.

Options
2023-08-28 11:05:20

@Lilcris 

That's good. Great job.yes

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options