EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

814 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-26 01:23:42

@windsifter 

The concept of EasyMesh ethernet backhaul vs AP ethernet backhaul is that for AP ethernet backhaul, your device wont swap over to a nearer router until the wifi drops completely, while EasyMesh ethernet backhaul would swap over to a nearer available router so there won't be a disconnection on your wifi prior to swapping. 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-26 21:47:37

@Atsukio hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I know that is the theory, but in practice, the backhaul AP works pretty well and it is the CLIENT that decides when to switch over to a different AP based on the signal etc. For the two Archer AX55s I had, wired AP worked MUCH better than the EasyMesh over wifi. The wired AP worked so well as I'd see my phone move from one AP to the other as I moved through house w/out dropping connection. 

Options
2023-09-26 22:03:14 - last edited 2023-09-26 22:03:40

@windsifter 

Just joining the thread, I agree with you 100%.  I decided to give up on ethernet backhaul as an option for my AX55s when I learned that only the main network is supported.  The guest network and the IoT network are not EasyMeshed.  I don't use the guest network but I do use the IoT network.  My mobile devices (iPhones and iPads) have no problem in switching between the main router and the AP router.

Options
2023-09-27 00:58:50

Kevin_Z wrote

This Article Applies to:

Archer AX72_V1_1.2.1 Build 20230626

Archer AX4400(US)_2.6_1.2.1 Build 20230626

Archer C80_V1&V2.2_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer A8_V1&V2.2_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer C64_V1_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer A64_V1_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer C86_V1_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer C6_V4_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer A6_V4_1.12.1 Build 221212

Archer C59_V4/V4.80_1.12.1 Build 221212

Moderator Note:

1. The availability of EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul may vary by region even for the same model. Please check your local website for more information.
2. The above list might not include all models and hardware versions. It is recommended to keep watching the firmware releases for your router, as the EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul will be listed in the patch notes if/when it is added to your version.

Some of our EasyMesh Wi-Fi routers have added support for establishing a seamless mesh network via EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. You can now connect two or more EasyMesh devices together by wiring the satellite device to the main EasyMesh router. Please check for the updates on your router web GUI or Tether App for the new firmware, update and install the latest official firmware on the router to explore all the new features like EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

Or you can download the latest official version from the local website and upgrade the firmware manually as follows:
How to Upgrade the firmware version of the TP-Link Wireless Router

Releases Notes for Archer C80/A8/C64, etc.:

New Features/Enhancement and Bug Fixes:

1. Improved EasyMesh features and added support for Ethernet Backhaul.
2. Fixed the bug that settings of DHCP server reset after the router reboots.
3. Fixed the bug that some wireless clients behind an extender are incorrectly identified as wired in client list.
4. Fixed the bug that could not bridge Wi-Fi using WPA3 encryption.
5. Fixed the bug that Network generates loops under specific scenarios.
6. Optimized packet filtering rules.

Releases Notes for Archer AX4400/AX72:

New Features/Enhancement:

This firmware contains important updates for HomeShield Pro, and we strongly recommend all HomeShield Pro users upgrade to this firmware.
You will be unable to downgrade to the previous firmware version after updating this firmware.
1. Newly support EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul;
2. Newly support to set LAN DNS server as WAN port DNS server;
3. Newly support Google Assistant function;
4. Newly support Tether Wireless Advanced Configuration;
5. Newly add Access Time Control and Bandwidth Control functions for the Guest Network;
6. Added Advanced features into AP mode;
7. Added flow control switch;
8. Added IoT network feature;
9. Added VPN Client feature;
10. Added Speed limit feature; 
11. Optimized Quick Setup feature;
12. Optimized web UI of IPTV feature;
13. Port Forwarding maximum entries increased to 64;
14. Enhanced the stability and reliability of the HomeShield pro;
15. Removed some built-in NTP servers;

Bug Fixes:

Fixed some bugs related to the HomeShield feature.

NOTE: 
To fully utilize all HomeShield Pro features, we recommend that you download and install the latest version of the Tether app on your mobile device.
For Android users: Recommended Tether version 4.1.23 or later
For iOS users: Recommended Tether version 4.1.11 or later

This latest version also includes some other enhancements and bug fixes. Take your time to explore all the great features or enhancements. Comment below if you have any feedback or run into any issues — we’re here to help.

Related Articles:

How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers?

What is EasyMesh?
What is Wi-Fi EasyMesh and how does it work with TP-Link routers and extenders?

Other Articles that you may also be interested in:

Pre-Released Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C80 is Ready for Trial

Official Firmware Supports DoH and IoT Network for Archer C6 V4 Is Publicly Available Now!

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2023-09-27 00:59:02

jra11500 wrote

@windsifter 

Just joining the thread, I agree with you 100%.  I decided to give up on ethernet backhaul as an option for my AX55s when I learned that only the main network is supported.  The guest network and the IoT network are not EasyMeshed.  I don't use the guest network but I do use the IoT network.  My mobile devices (iPhones and iPads) have no problem in switching between the main router and the AP router.

@jra11500 

Options
2023-09-27 01:16:17

@windsifter Oh i see, yeah one of my main requirements is waiting for the ethernet backhaul if any, though so far with my AX73 V1 and AX55, since there's no EasyMeshg for the AX73, and no ethernet backhaul for the AX55, my current experience with wired AP's haven't been going too well, as it keeps not swapping until the wifi is completely dropped or i manually restart the wifi on my phone.

Options
2023-09-27 01:22:43

@Atsukio sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as smooth. As with many wifi issues, mileage seems to vary considerably for individual situations and is hard to predict. For me, 2 AX55s, at ~$100 each on WiFi 6 seemed like a decent deal if the routers keep working. 

Options
2023-09-28 15:03:35

Any news from dev team and support for ethernet backhaul for archer ax55 cmon its same hardware as ax72 :)

Options
2023-10-02 13:20:08

9 months from the announcement of "Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers" for some models. Has TP-Link given up on this technology? The rest of the customers who bought models with Easy Mesh will be missing out and I guess they will be disappointed with the brand. Is this some kind of discrimination? How were the models chosen for which to have this technology and those for which to miss out? I have two AX55 routers too, working in AP mode with two different wi-fi network names. AX55 is higher class from C80, A8, C64, A64, C86, C6, A6 and C59. So I should sell my two AX55 routers and buy lower class to use Ethernet Backhaul EasyMesh?

Options
2023-10-03 00:24:51

@VenDimitrov 

I feel you man, i have  2x AX55 and wating for backhaul also... For now i connect both router by WIFI Easymesh but.. all transfer from satellite drop for half or over half speed.  

Options