EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

814 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-16 11:35:52

DrNerd wrote

@Kevin_Z Good evening Kevin

hope you are doing well.

kevin I am a long term Tp link user, got about 15 routers till date. Have been a satisfied consumer till now but now I am in dilemma.

i dont want to whine but TP link hasn't been very clear regarding firmware updates nor about feature availability.

I am already using 1 C80 + 2 C6 via wired ethernet backhauled meshwork and I still need more to make my entire home a seamless wifi zone.

I wanted to get either AX10 or AX 23 which are available in my country, but sadly they do not have wired backhauling support. Non availability of wired backhaul is only reason I am not switching to Wifi 6 standard.

also being a creator of all the products, TP link could really make some changes and test possibility of incorporating Deco mesh into router easy mesh wired backhaul network. I would not hesitate to add 3 deco in my existing wired easymeshwork.

please keep us updated about which models are supposed to be updated in near future (ax models) so potential buyers like me can make a purchase in peace. 

hoping for a reply soon.

@DrNerd Please refer to my original post here in the link below, you will find AX10 already supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Just make sure you're on the latest firmware, and you will be able to build up a mesh network with Ethernet cables.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-18 02:52:17 - last edited 2023-10-18 03:02:08

Salyu wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

The AX73 in your post means v2 only?
Or are there plans to support Easymesh function for AX73 v1 in the future?

@Salyu  @LionSapporo  @Julio_Camargo  @Atsukio  @DAC808  @Gawej  @jhjm40  @Nyku 

Good news! 

I'm happy to inform you that Archer AX73 V1 also supports EasyMesh now. Please check and update your router firmware to the latest 1.3.5 Build 20230919 version as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax73/v1/#Firmware

Please be aware that you'll not allowed to downgrade to the previous 1.2.6 official version once upgraded to this one since this version has significant modifications.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-18 03:00:52

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

Salyu wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

The AX73 in your post means v2 only?
Or are there plans to support Easymesh function for AX73 v1 in the future?

@Salyu 

Good news! 

I'm happy to inform you that Archer AX73 V1 also supports EasyMesh now. Please check and update your router firmware to the latest 1.3.5 Build 20230919 version as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax73/v1/#Firmware

Please be aware that you'll not allowed to downgrade to the previous 1.2.6 official version once upgraded to this one since this version has significant modifications.

@Kevin_Z will the AX73 v1 for EasyMesh firmware be updating on the Malaysia site, and or is it safe to use the firmware of another region? As the Malaysia one still says 1.2.6 as the latest.

Options
2023-10-18 03:06:08 - last edited 2023-10-18 03:10:10

@Atsukio 

Sorry, update my previous response:

It seems you're using a US version as per checking the Malaysia website. If your is a US version, you cannot install the firmware provided on the global website.

If your AX73 is also an EU version, which can be verified on its bottom sticker, then you can download and install the firmware provided on the global website here below:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-ax73/v1/#Firmware

BTW, you can check for updates on the router web GUI or via the Tether App to see if you can detect this new version. If yes, you can click on Upgrade to install the firmware.

If you cannot get the new firmware notification, please wait and check for the new firmware later, and I believe there will also be new firmware for the US version.

Options
2023-10-18 08:29:11 - last edited 2023-10-18 08:29:32

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

Good news! 

I'm happy to inform you that Archer AX73 V1 also supports EasyMesh now.

@Kevin_Z - dont forget to update topmost post and list AX73 there ;) 

Options
2023-10-18 10:07:08
AX73 V1 now supports easymesh but without Ethernet Backhaul feature, right? So topmost post should be unchanged.
Options
2023-10-18 11:27:40

@Czmazel 

Thank you very much for reminding.

However, @akalus is right that I cannot add AX73 to my original post now because AX73 only supports EasyMesh but not Ethernet Backhaul.frown

Options
2023-10-18 16:37:24

Finally AX73 supports Easymesh. I have been waiting for extremely long time, but now I am happy that I don't have to buy another router. I think you @Kevin_Z are not right. I have tried to connect my C64 to AX73 v1 using Ethernet cable and it worked. There was an Ethernet icon in the Easymesh tab and after clicking on C64, there was written the connection is wired (1000 Mbps). So AX73 v1 supports Ethernet backhaul.

Options
2023-10-18 20:44:28

@TechThomas 
Perfect! I've been waiting two years for this feature. Thanks for the info.

Options
2023-10-19 05:59:48

TechThomas wrote

Finally AX73 supports Easymesh. I have been waiting for extremely long time, but now I am happy that I don't have to buy another router. I think you @Kevin_Z are not right. I have tried to connect my C64 to AX73 v1 using Ethernet cable and it worked. There was an Ethernet icon in the Easymesh tab and after clicking on C64, there was written the connection is wired (1000 Mbps). So AX73 v1 supports Ethernet backhaul.

@TechThomas surprise Thank you very much for helping verify that. I will check on my side once again and update my thread if AX73 v1 does support Ethernet Backhaul already.

Thank you very much.

Options