EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

755 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-20 21:30:58

@Kevin_Z how about ax1500 and ax1800?

They both received updates with EasyMesh function added. Does it include ethernet backhaul?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-10-24 01:35:08 - last edited 2023-10-24 01:38:39

modimo wrote

They both received updates with EasyMesh function added. Does it include ethernet backhaul?

@modimo AX1500 also supports EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul. While AX1800 hasn't supported both yet.

BTW, AX20 V3 supports EasyMesh but not Ethernet Backhaul. You may refer to the EasyMesh Product List for details.

Options
2023-10-24 02:44:20

MCP1 wrote 

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, the issue is the same, very slow network speeds (from 500Mbps+ to about 30Mps), terrible latency (seconds!), and internet access instability. It happens: (1) if I restart the AX10 after the two routers boot in the sequence AX72->Ax10, or (2) if I reboot the two routers at the same time, or (3) if I restart the AX10 first and then the AX72.

When there is just the wireless connection, Easymesh work fine in any circumstance, just slower. The issue happens only when the Ethernet backhaul cable is connected.

The two routers are about 20m apart, with 2 brick walls in between. In this position, the EasyMesh connection can be established both wireless (backhaul disconnected) or wired.

If I move the AX10 farther away (50m, 6 walls), so they cannot establish a wireless EasyMesh connection, the Ethernet backhaul always works fine, regardless of the router boot sequence. However, in this place, part of my house looses Wi-Fi connectivity :-(

My main router is an AX72, not the AX73.

Thanks for the attention!

@MCP1 Thank you very much for all the details. Sorry for the typo, I mean AX72.

As per your description, I tend to assume there might be Wi-Fi signal interference between the AX72, AX10, and maybe more of your neighbors when they are about 20m away. Is it possible to relocate both of them and ensure most of your devices can connect to the internet?

Options
2023-10-24 19:22:26

Kevin_Z wrote

As per your description, I tend to assume there might be Wi-Fi signal interference between the AX72, AX10, and maybe more of your neighbors when they are about 20m away. Is it possible to relocate both of them and ensure most of your devices can connect to the internet?

@Kevin_Z 

Hi.

I have no problem with the wireless Wi-Fi backhaul connection. It works as expected, but it's more than 3 times slower than the Ethernet backhaul (before it crashes!). So, wireless backhaul is not an acceptable solution in my view.

I'm asking for a solution to the WIRED Ethernet backhaul issue. This is not caused by my neighbors or the distance.

I'm just trying to use the routers exactly as Tp-Link says the routers should work. But they don't, at least not as a stable solution. As it seems to me, this is due to a bug in the firmware, that must be patched.

Thanks for the attention!

Options
2023-10-24 21:32:37

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if the Archer AX6000 V1 will be updated with EasyMesh. It used to be listed as "Planned" on the product page (https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/product-list/), but it appears to be gone now

Best regards

Options
2023-10-25 09:11:03

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

I still wait for AX53 T_T
Last update from July 2023,
do I have any chance for new update of AX53?

Options
2023-10-25 10:27:47

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

modimo wrote

@modimo AX1500 also supports EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul. While AX1800 hasn't supported both yet.

BTW, AX20 V3 supports EasyMesh but not Ethernet Backhaul. You may refer to the EasyMesh Product List for details.

I tried mesh with ax1500 + ax1800 and it works for me... With backhaul and wireless. You better revalidate your list.

Options
2023-10-25 18:59:31

@Kevin_Z 

isn't the AX55 similar to the AX73/72? I have two ax55 connected and I would like the network to be handled as one but with the performance advantage of ethernet, so I really need ethernet backhaul.

Options
2023-10-26 01:56:55

modimo wrote

@Kevin_Z   

I tried mesh with ax1500 + ax1800 and it works for me... With backhaul and wireless. You better revalidate your list.

@modimo Thank you very much for updating and informing us.

Can I know what's the hardware version of your AX1800? Is it V1.20? How about its firmware version?

I will check internally and update the list if it does support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul already.

Options
2023-10-26 01:57:58

persano wrote

@Kevin_Z 

isn't the AX55 similar to the AX73/72? I have two ax55 connected and I would like the network to be handled as one but with the performance advantage of ethernet, so I really need ethernet backhaul.

@persano AX55 will also support Ethernet Backhaul soon. I will inform you of this update.

Options