EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

815 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-11-13 10:17:06

@Kevin_Z Hi, when could I expect to see the Ethernet backhaul support for my AX12 router? I am currently using it with my AX10, but then realized that the AX10 does has the backhaul support while AX12 doesn't is kind of annoying to me.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-11-13 11:21:51

lukenz wrote

I have successfully set up my AX55 with 2 x C64 routers with wired backhaul.

I set up the 2nd AX55 the same way (having done the firmware update). When I plug in the Ethernet cable to the satellite AX55 it registers the connection with the status changing from the wifi symbol to the Ethernet symbol, but after about 10 seconds the entire network crashes & the Main AX55 does a complete reboot.

Is this an issue you're familiar with, or is there something that went wrong in my setup somewhere?
I've troubleshooted it multiple ways but still keep getting the same result.

@lukenz 

As per the screenshot you attached, the two C64s join the mesh network via Ethernet Backhaul and the second AX55 joins the network via WiFi. Will the network also crash in this way?

Or does the network crash only when you plug the second AX55 into the main via an Ethernet cable? Which port did you connect the second AX55 to?

Please go through this thread and follow the connections carefully, then check again if the network will be working properly.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-13 11:59:54

tvpham wrote

@Kevin_Z Hi, when could I expect to see the Ethernet backhaul support for my AX12 router? I am currently using it with my AX10, but then realized that the AX10 does has the backhaul support while AX12 doesn't is kind of annoying to me.

@tvpham Sorry, we haven't got an advanced notice of when will AX12 support Ethernet Backhaul.

It's suggested to subscribe to this post to be informed when there are new models supporting it.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-14 01:20:35
My question is when are we going to get ETHERNET backhaul on WiFi 6E and 7 devices?
Options
2023-11-14 04:12:20

@Kevin_Z the setup as per the screenshot works fine, but as soon as I plug the ethernet into the back of the satellite AX55 that's when the entire network crashes. At first I was using the WAN port, but after trying the other ports it also had the same issue.
I first added it to the mesh network via a wifi connection because it was having issues via the LAN setup. This is the same method I used for the other 2 routers without an issue:

1. reset the satellite router to factory settings

2. login in the main router

3. add the satellite router to the mesh network (via wifi)

4. plug in ethernet cable to the WAN port & check the status change to "wired" connection. 

This worked great for the other 2, its just the AX55 that crashes the network when plugging in the ethernet cable at step 4.

Options
2023-11-14 05:27:11
Okay, all sorted! I tried the setup using the LAN port rather than WAN & it seems to have solved the issue. All working correctly between my 2 x AX55! Super stoked with this firmware update!
Options
2023-11-14 06:08:36

@lukenz 

Congratulations!

Options
2023-11-15 13:50:38

@Kevin_Z    Hello Kevin, do you have a new date for the ax53? In my network I have 2 c80 and 2 ax53 but the speed is very bad with ax53. I'm thinking of buying others C80 to get everything with cable.
My house has many brick wall divisions.

If this update is delayed, do you recommend buying another model of main router? Some model more powerful for the easymesh management as main router?

thanks

Options
2023-11-17 12:53:07

@Octavio_Sampaio 

Sorry I don't.sad

I previously confirmed with the development team and was told that it would be soon. But it seems it does delay. So I cannot give you an exact timeline.

But I will try to check with them once again to see when will the AX53 will receive the new firmware.

Options
2023-11-20 09:36:03

Will extenders like the RE750X also get Ethernet Backhaul support?

Options