EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

790 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-03 13:40:00

@Kevin_Z 

I just saw new updated post about supported firmware: 

So now AX53 can be backhaul using ethernet ? Mine showing the firmware is the latest.

But when I go into easymesh options, there is no option to change from wifi to ethernet. When I try plug ethernet manually to WAN port. It doesn't have internet.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-03 14:05:38 - last edited 2023-12-03 14:06:03

@Leokrz 

Hi,

If your Archer AX53 currently has firmware version 1.2.2 Build 20230627 installed, then it must be an Archer AX53_V1, which is unfortunately not in the list of supported models yet.

By the way, none of the existing models has an option to switch between wireless and wired backhaul manually, it switches automatically after a wired connection has been established.

Options
2023-12-05 08:57:03

Jun2 wrote

@Kevin_Z does Archer BE800 V1 support ethernet backhaul?

@Jun2 Not yet.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-05 09:02:45

Chris87 wrote

Is there any ETA when Archer AX55 Pro will support Ethernet Backhaul?

I also have a question. I have two routers AX55 Pro V1 is the main one and AX23 V1.2 is the second one working currently as a satellite in the EasyMesh. Will it be a difference If I link those two routers via LAN cable even if the AX55 Pro does not support Ethernet Backhaul atm? Will the AX23 still work as a satellite or there can be a conflict between those devices? Or should I unplug the ethernet cable linking thost two routers?

@Chris87 

TechThomas is right. There might be a network loop if you connect them via LAN cable when they are not supporting Ethernet Backhaul.

Please wait patiently for the new firmware for AX55 Pro to add support for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-05 09:15:58 - last edited 2023-12-05 09:16:45

@amirkl 

amirkl wrote

@Kevin_Z 

As you may remember I was interested on EasyMesh for Archer AX90. You mentioned it might get support in 2024 Q1.

After the issue with AX53 V2 I got concerned:

Will all the AX90 versions will get support for EasyMesh? Is it planned to get Ethernet BackHaul?

OR:

Will there be support only for a new hardware version. As I already own the device, this case won't assist me.

I cannot say for sure now since the development team doesn't provide a detailed timeline for when and which version will AX90 receive the new firmware to support EasyMesh and Ethernet Backhaul.sad

amirkl wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have another question regarding AX80: It is listed in your list here for V1 having EasyMesh, but is missing from the supported list:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/easymesh/product-list/

Can you assure me it supports EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul? 

Thanks,

Amir

Yes. AX80 supports EasyMesh with ethernet backhaul as stated in the firmware release note. You can check by visiting the following page:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax80/#Firmware

I will feedback to the web admin to update the EasyMesh product list as soon as possible. You may check that later.

Options
2023-12-05 12:20:27

@Kevin_Z 

I have recently purchased AXE75 (AXE  5400) which currently supports only oneMesh. Is it possible to create a Router to Router wireless Backhaul with a C80 V2.2 as a satellite router or I have to wait until a new firmware is released?

Options
2023-12-05 14:09:15

I can't give up hope that the Easymesh and ethernet backhaul update will come to the ax20 v1 that is stored in my shed...
Why is the update coming to AX10 but not to AX20?

Options
2023-12-05 23:45:03

@Kevin_Z what about ax3000 (Air R5) is a new device and is not compatible to Ethernet bsckhaul? Will work really nice as satellite of my C80 

Options
2023-12-06 17:59:15

@Kevin_Z 

AX53 will also receive new firmware to add the support for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul very soon. Maybe next week. I will let you know once the new firmware is available. You may subscribe to this thread to get the updated info.

Thank you for all the updates @Kevin_Z!

When will AX53 V1 support ethernet backhaul? I have been waiting for this for months.

Options
2023-12-07 09:32:49

enfegu wrote

@Kevin_Z what about ax3000 (Air R5) is a new device and is not compatible to Ethernet bsckhaul? Will work really nice as satellite of my C80 

@enfegu Archer Air R5 doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul at the moment. You may check this thread:

Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router --- Archer Air R5  (Q7/A7)

Options