EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
a week ago

Pseudo98 wrote

One final thought after writing all that, could my 'main' router being on 192.168.0.1 be the cause of the Satellite not being discovered after it's reboot? Even though they are airgapped it probably isn't very helpful for the 'client' router defaulting to 192.168.0.1... although I suspect it is even actually rebooting into a discoverable Satellite mode from what I can tell.

I may test again this weekend with my 'main' router on a different IP that won't conflict with a factory reset but right now any enthusiasm I have for further testing is gone especially with the prospect of having to restart 23 devices to get a new gateway after DHCP changes.

Screw it, I did this just now, no joy. 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
a week ago

@Pseudo98 

Hi,

Just a couple of things.

1) The "switch to Satellite Mode" function does exactly the same as performing a factory reset via the GUI or by pressing the "Reset" button on the back of the router. Either of these three methods will result in the same.

2) The router that is to be added as an EasyMesh Satellite is only discoverable by the main router as long as it is in that after-factory-reset state. As soon as you create a login password and log into that router it will not be discoverable anymore.

To sum it up. Reset the AX53 to factory defaults via any of the three means mentioned earlier. Give it a little time to let it boot up (at least until the two Wi-Fi LEDs turn on). In your main router's EasyMesh menu click "Add Satellite Devices" and go through the process. Alternatively you can also connect the routers by using the WPS button method.

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 
I currently have an Archer AX53 as Main Router for Easy Mesh, then I have an AX10 as satellite in a garage. Seems like the signal gets lost sometimes at nigth when all doors are closed.
I was wondering if I place another satellite device between them like an RE315 or another AX10, signal problems would be solved, or if the connection works only from main to satellite - so I need to install the beta on the AX53 for the ethernet backhaul 

Options
a week ago

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

Yazza007 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Does the AX55 Pro now support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul? It is not on the list of routers on the first page of this thread.

@Yazza007 As per the EasyMesh Compatibility List and also confirmed with the engineering team, AX55 Pro V2/v2.6 does support EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul.

AX55 Pro V1 has not yet integrated EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul, but a new version of firmware that adds support for EasyMesh with Ethernet Backhaul is on the way and it could be available for upgrade in a week or two.

What version number will start supporting ethernet backhaul? (AX55 Pro V1)

My 1.2.3 Build 20231103 rel.66045(4555) unfortunately does not connect over ethernet.

Options
Friday

@Kevin_Z AX 12 Why Not Support EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul.

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
Yesterday

@Kevin_Z  after BE805 upgrade to new firmware, I connect 2 backhoe to be550. All the WiFi is totally no stable... please fix it.. 

Options
Yesterday

@Ong1981 

I already report about BE550 make so unstable wifi in backhaul easymesh even if is a main router in my system... I talk with engenieers over month but seems they don't know how to solve this problem. I only send to them more and more data. Also BE550 WifI coverage its 1/3 weaker than cheap 3x AX55... this is very sad. WE pay for premium home devices and we become free beta testers. 

Options