EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

863 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-07-17 04:22:56

@Kevin_Z I have two AX55 Pro(EU) V1 routers. I have updated the firmware to 1.3.1 Build 20240426 (Pre-released version). I reset the second router, did everything according to the instructions for EasyMesh connection.
The Ethernet (backhaul) connection does not work. The two routers connected via wifi (the icon says so and the speed).

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-07-17 05:49:22

Lovage wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, there is any chanes to support ax12 ny blackhaul?

Last update of this devives was in 10.2023

@Lovage Thank you for asking.

I will check with the development team to see if they can provide a beta version or a pre-released version for AX12 to support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.

I will update here once there is one.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-17 06:27:05

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning,

I don't see the AX58 V1 router in your table, you only mention the A58 V2.

Will version V1 ever be supported?

Because I have an AX58V1 as a main router and an AX53V1 as a secondary router (with version 1.2.4 which supports Backhaul)

Should I invert by putting the AX53 as main and the AX58 as secondary?

Thanks

Options
2024-07-17 06:41:59

kostyax wrote

@Kevin_Z I have two AX55 Pro(EU) V1 routers. I have updated the firmware to 1.3.1 Build 20240426 (Pre-released version). I reset the second router, did everything according to the instructions for EasyMesh connection.
The Ethernet (backhaul) connection does not work. The two routers connected via wifi (the icon says so and the speed).

@kostyax Can you please reset the satellite AX55 Pro once again and follow this guide to add it to the mesh system via an Ethernet cable directly?

Please make sure the cable is good.

Once connecting them via an Ethernet cable directly, please login to the web management page again to check what is the status of EasyMesh, will it show an Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-17 06:53:44

Fabien31 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Good morning,

I don't see the AX58 V1 router in your table, you only mention the A58 V2.

Will version V1 ever be supported?

@Fabien31 Thanks for asking and welcome to the community.

Apologies that we haven't received advance notice on whether the AX58 V1 will support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul.sadWe can only provide a definite answer once a model receives beta or official version of firmware to support it. We will update this thread and add more supported models to the list as they become available.

Fabien31 wrote

Because I have an AX58V1 as a main router and an AX53V1 as a secondary router (with version 1.2.4 which supports Backhaul)

Should I invert by putting the AX53 as main and the AX58 as secondary?

To this question, the answer is no. Only when both the AX53 and AX58 support Ethernet Backhaul, you can connect them via an Ethernet cable to build up a mesh network.

Options
2024-07-17 15:58:13

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply! I connected my AX55 Pro (Satellite) via the 1Gb port, and I connected via ethernet backhaul! But, when connected via 2.5Gb, it only connects via Wifi..... I checked different cables... It doesn't work.

When connecting through the 1Gb port (ethernet bachaul), the 2,5 port doesn't work at all. I can't see any devices connected to it.

Can you comment on that?

Quote: "After EasyMesh is built, all the ports on the satellite router (WAN, LAN, WAN/LAN) are available for Ethernet backhaul." 

Will the 2.5Gb port on this router be activated in satellite mode in the future? Or have I done something wrong? 

Options
2024-07-18 02:15:24

kostyax wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply! I connected my AX55 Pro (Satellite) via the 1Gb port, and I connected via ethernet backhaul! But, when connected via 2.5Gb, it only connects via Wifi..... I checked different cables... It doesn't work.

When connecting through the 1Gb port (ethernet bachaul), the 2,5 port doesn't work at all. I can't see any devices connected to it.

Can you comment on that?

Quote: "After EasyMesh is built, all the ports on the satellite router (WAN, LAN, WAN/LAN) are available for Ethernet backhaul." 

Will the 2.5Gb port on this router be activated in satellite mode in the future? Or have I done something wrong? 

@kostyax Thank you for getting back.

Did the 2.5Gb port work properly before the firmware update?

Based on your description, it seems the 2.5Gb port no longer allows a connection. To verify this:

1. Reset the satellite AX55 Pro.
  2. Connect it directly to the front-end modem or router using the 2.5Gb Ethernet port, bypassing the first AX55 Pro.
  3. Log in to the AX55 Pro's web management page and check if the WAN port is up.

If the port is linked up correctly, it's functioning properly. If it shows as down, the port may be faulty.

If the 2.5Gb port is still functioning, reset it one more time and connect its LAN port to the LAN port of the main AX55 Pro, wait until the Ethernet backhaul is built up successfully, then try connecting the 2.5Gb port to a PC to check if the PC can get internet access.

If the 2.5Gb port is faulty, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2024-07-20 11:45:08

@Kevin_Z The second router previously worked as an access point without building an easy mesh. It was connected via a 2.5Gb port to the main router (also 2.5Gb). Everything worked fine. I'm sure of the port's functionality.
Only in Easy Mesh Satellite mode the 2.5 port does not work. It is impossible to even connect devices to it. But when I reset Easy Mesh it works as Wan/Lan stable.

Options
2024-07-22 03:38:06

kostyax wrote

@Kevin_Z The second router previously worked as an access point without building an easy mesh. It was connected via a 2.5Gb port to the main router (also 2.5Gb). Everything worked fine. I'm sure of the port's functionality.
Only in Easy Mesh Satellite mode the 2.5 port does not work. It is impossible to even connect devices to it. But when I reset Easy Mesh it works as Wan/Lan stable.

@kostyax I see. Thank you very much for the verification.

So once configured as a satellite router and connected to the main AX55 Pro via its LAN port (gigabit port, it's not the 2.5G WAN port) to build up EasyMesh network via Ethernet backhaul successfully, it's still not working if you connect it to the main or any of the client devices via the 2.5G port?

If that is the case, I would like to escalate your case to our support engineers to investigate further.

Options
2024-07-22 08:31:49

@Kevin_Z 

@kostyax I see. Thank you very much for the verification.

So once configured as a satellite router and connected to the main AX55 Pro via its LAN port (gigabit port, it's not the 2.5G WAN port) to build up EasyMesh network via Ethernet backhaul successfully, it's still not working if you connect it to the main or any of the client devices via the 2.5G port?

If that is the case, I would like to escalate your case to our support engineers to investigate further.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, in Easy Mesh Satellite mode, the 2.5 port on the second router does not work. Without Easy Mesh Satellite mode, the port works. Please forward to technical service. 

Options