EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

735 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-06-12 07:39:35

@Flpp ,

Good to hear yes

Question from my side, which App/Tool are you running?
I have the Tether but it looks very different.

Thanks in advance,

Thom

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-06-12 09:29:42

@Thom_NL 

That was a print screen from my phone, main router web page -> Network Map & click on the Mesh Devices Icon

Options
2023-06-12 10:17:29

@Flpp,

OK great, that explains a lot.

I'll check at home and see if my GUI looks like this too.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-06-12 14:40:08

@Thom_NL 

I get this view when logging into the main router via the browser on my iPhone, obviously when connected to my wifi :-)

Options
2023-06-12 17:28:14

Hi  @klipse,

With a small bypass i could replicate your screen.

Thanks for your explanation.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-06-12 23:37:15

@Thom_NL I am not getting the idea on how to connect 3x C80s via Ethernet Backhaul. 

Do I need to connect the Lan cable from the main router to the Wan port of the second router (satellite), press WPS and set up. 

And for the 3rd router (second Satellite), a cable from any Lan port from the 1st satellite to the Wan Port of the 2nd Satellite?

Options
2023-06-13 06:59:19

hi   @Hac,

1. First you have to setup the main router to your need.

2. Then connect the second (or  X ), to be satellite, router.

From the main router LAN port to the WAN port of the 2nd ( X ), then reset the 2nd ( X ).

3. When it is running press WPS on the main router then on the satellite.

Now you can proceed with the next C80, if possible connect it to the main router ( creating a star network ), or connect it from the second router LAN port to the WAN port ( creating a Daisy or  chain network ).
Repeat step 2 and 3 for each satellite. 

Be sure that every C80, or whatever capable device, is running the latest Firmware,

I have no experience with the C80 in the Daisy setup, so can you keep us informed?

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-06-14 09:19:51 - last edited 2023-06-14 09:25:14

@Kevin_Z 

Is there any information about the release date of this feature (Ethernet Backhaul) to other routers (for example AX53)?

As far as I know the ASUS routers have this feature.

Options
2023-06-19 11:35:22 - last edited 2023-06-19 11:37:55

hi   @marl1,

Check this TP page of this one for Easymesh AX53 specific.

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-06-24 21:12:28

@Thom_NL 

Thanks Thom. I managed to set it up and can see the router in the mesh via tplinkwifi.net or the main router ip address but when I try to connect to the satellite router via IP Address it gives me the error timeout.

I can access the other extenders in the mesh via IP address normally, and check the clients that are connected to each mesh device but unfortunately I cannot get connected to the satellite router

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.198 took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  •  

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I can see the satellite router in the mesh network and that where I took 

Do you happen to have the same issue?

Options
Related Articles