EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-23 07:39:17

Salyu wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

The AX73 in your post means v2 only?
Or are there plans to support Easymesh function for AX73 v1 in the future?

@Salyu  What is the region version of your AX73 V1? EN/US/JP/TW? You may keep an eye on the EasyMesh Product List on the local website, which will be updated accordingly.

If the EasyMesh Product List displays Archer AX73 as PLANNED, that means both V1 and V2 are planned to support it. If it only lists Archer AX73 V2, that means V1 is not planned to support EasyMesh in the future.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-08-23 07:50:47 - last edited 2023-08-23 07:52:28

Lilcris wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Do we have straight forward steps to setup ethernet backhaul? 

Devices:

AX72 (Main Router) - Updated to latest version

2x RE705X (Satellite Device) - Updated to the latest version

I have checked the compatibility and availability of easymesh on both devices before purchasing it and all devices support easymesh.

I tried following the guide on the Tether App on how to add easymesh satellite device and connect ethernet cable. It works but somehow the entire connection is sluggish, even accessing the dashboard. I also noticed that my main router is connected to itself, seems the connection from router to satellite is looping back.

Could be a bug on the firmware or known issue?

@Lilcris 

Thanks to @woozle and @Sunshine, they are both correct. Only when the main EasyMesh router and the satellite devices both support Ethernet Backhaul can you connect the satellite to the main with Ethernet cable. Otherwise, you would run into the issue you've experienced.

As of now (before RE705X receives new firmware to support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul), you can connect the 2 RE705X to the main AX72 via EasyMesh and build up a wireless backhaul. Or as you said, you can change the RE705X to AP mode and connect it to the AX72 via an Ethernet cable.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-23 10:25:32 - last edited 2023-08-23 10:27:16

@Kevin_Z 

@Sunshine 

Thank you for clarification!

In this case if I have C80 and RE705X can this network topology work to stablish EasyMesh network?

Wired EasyMesh 

AX72      -------------------------------------      C80

AX72 )))    Wireless EasyMesh    ((( RE705X

1 main router (AX72)

1 Wired Satellite (C80)

1 Wireless Satellite (RE705X)

Options
2023-08-24 06:51:16

hi @Lilcris,

Strange remark from my side ..

What type of Ethernet cable are in use?
Should be Cat 5E at least laugh 

Instead of Wireless mesh you could try ( 1 Gb ) powerline adapters to connect the RE705X.

Regards,

Thom

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-08-24 09:15:18

@Kevin_Z 

Are there plans to support this on AX21? Thanks.

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-08-24 09:32:45

hi @Akj,

Google is not your friend?  blush

Go to this TP Page and select your Version of hardware.

goodluck,

Thom

Options
2023-08-24 10:10:37

@Thom_NL 

Yes cables used in the entire house is Cat5e pure copper, hmmn thinking about power line, so it means the data transmits over the power cables instead of traditional utp cable?

Options
2023-08-24 11:54:20 - last edited 2023-08-25 21:36:55

Hi, Question for all - Is EasyMesh supported when an unmanaged switch exists between the main and satellite router? Thanks

Options
2023-08-24 11:59:11 - last edited 2023-08-24 11:59:32

hi  @Lilcris,

Correct, i do use a powerline between the cupboard space, location main router, and my garden ( shed ).

Works like a gem laugh

Regards,

Thom

Options
2023-08-24 12:02:22

hi  @ImEasy

Instead of a female <> female connecter  using a ( unmanaged {dumb} ) switch is a bitt overkill ( imho ). laugh

Regards,

Thom

Options