EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-04 07:13:55

@Kevin_Z I was reading up on EasyMesh standard and there is a Network Traffic Separation feature (read more). Is this feature implemented as well? If yes, does it support separating Guest Wifi network traffic on all Routers/Access Points from private home wifi?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-04 08:21:33

@Kevin_Z Can you paste the link to a page which clearly states, which models support Ethernet backhaul for EasyMesh?

Honestly, it is quite frustrating. One of the main reason for the purchase of this router was for Easymesh, and when 

I found that it is a glorified wireless-repeater setup, I am disappointed. I have done extensive CAT6 cabling just for this

and when I am finally configuring this mesh, I see this wireless limitation.

What's the whole point of Gigabit networking if there is a lagging repeater in-between?

Options
2023-09-04 08:43:09

@gkns 

gkns wrote

Can you paste the link to a page which clearly states, which models support Ethernet backhaul for EasyMesh?

I´m afraid you replying to the only post there is that can give you this overview.

It is sad, I was disappointed the same as you probably are. I bought pair of AX73´s and I had to return them to store, due to missing eth. backhaul.

As I did not need wifi6 nor gigabit speeds over wifi, I steer to four C80´s that has eth backhaul and mesh available already - It is 3 times cheeper too so, so the investment is even less for my purpose and due to more access points in a mesh connected the coverage is better then I could achieve with 2 AP´s. The speed would not be better for me as I have 500Gb/s from my ISP and C80 is capable of 1200/600 if I´m not mistaken - therefore good enough for me. Anyway if the signal is wekened i.e. through wall the speed drops could be significant, so more AP´s in mesh .. the better (I have 4 floors).

TP-link should clearly state the Eth backhaul is not supported on most of their products at their websites - it makes HUGE confusions and disappointments - 

Unfortunately it seems to me that the intention is to pretend that everything is supported - the thing is that the support is just virtual - some devices waits more then 2 years to get this feature although it is listed at their webpages - and still nothing.

From my point of view it is a strategy tp-link has decided to use

Options
2023-09-04 17:33:36

@Kevin_Z Do any of these routers support 3G/4G usb dongle and ability to failover to 4G usb if WAN stops working?

Options
2023-09-05 11:33:26

@Kevin_Z 

Interestingly enough - although mentioned on this forum few days back that AX73 (US/JP version) is getting easymesh + ethernet backhaul support in comming days - on EU site the AX73 completely disappered from list of devices that are planned to get the easymesh support. 

I found that ... disappointing ..

Any statement on this ..  ?

Thanks,

Martin 

Options
Re:Early Release Firmware Adding EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul for Archer C80/C64/A8
2023-09-06 14:28:28
Who to change password to router
Options
2023-09-07 10:42:34

@Kevin_Z 

I just ran into interresting router EX220

it supports easymesh.. does it support ethernet backhaul too?

Thansk for the reply in advance.

Options
2023-09-07 15:13:26

@Kevin_Z Do you have an ETA for the release of the Easymesh firmware for the TP-Link Archer AX11000 V1?
Even if you added ethernet backhaul to your proprietary Onemesh, it would be better than nothing!!
If easymesh can't be done for the foreseeable future we need to have a minimum RSSI setting incorporated into all consumer access points and routers to be able to build a network that is far more reliable.

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
2023-09-08 16:52:48

Hi!

I am planning to get an EasyMesh router with ethenet backhaul support for my Archer C80(main router). If I buy the AX72 and use it as a satellite router, will I lose out on the Wifi 6 functionalities present on the AX72? If yes then I will save myself some money and buy the C86 because all I need is maximum coverage. Also, I need to have the router with the highest range as the satellite because more devices are connected there and I cannot reroute the WAN cable provided by my internet supplier to that location.

Options
2023-09-12 03:24:20

Alpha_Ghost96 wrote

Hi!

I am planning to get an EasyMesh router with ethenet backhaul support for my Archer C80(main router). If I buy the AX72 and use it as a satellite router, will I lose out on the Wifi 6 functionalities present on the AX72? If yes then I will save myself some money and buy the C86 because all I need is maximum coverage. Also, I need to have the router with the highest range as the satellite because more devices are connected there and I cannot reroute the WAN cable provided by my internet supplier to that location.

@Alpha_Ghost96 

If you would like to connect an AC router to an AX one via EasyMesh, using the AX72 as the main router and the C80 as the satellite will optimize the overall performance. When the C80 is connected to the AX72 via Wi-Fi backhaul, the maximum link speed between them will be decided by the C80. However, this will not affect the other wireless clients that connect to the AX72 directly, they will still negotiate at AX speed if they support AX.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options