EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

755 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-22 11:29:23

Hi @Czmazel

I responded to you previously in this reply, please check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722?replyId=1251938

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-09-22 11:32:39

@Octavio_Sampaio 

Nope, I haven't been informed of a beta firmware for AX53 yet.

Only when the main EasyMesh router and the satellite nodes both support Ethernet Backhaul can they build up the mesh network via Ethernet cable.

Options
2023-09-22 11:46:40

@Steve_Nguyen   
  @Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem with 2 AX53 in satellite mode

Options
2023-09-22 19:49:44

@Kevin_Z 

sorry for duplicate .. I missed the answer indeed..

M.

Options
2023-09-22 20:03:04 - last edited 2023-09-22 20:05:21

@Liverpool20 

numbers matters ;) revenue matters

why to upset 100 000 000 (u)oosers that bought mainstreem model and potentially buy new one if satisfied, if you can upset 10 000 geeks/white collars who can afford it to be disapointed and used in the end .. 

who do you think is paying the development... 

guess .. it is 10M group anyway

M.

Options
2023-09-22 20:20:34

Just to keep TP-Link up to date...

I put my TP-Link system for sale... manage to sell two (AX53 and RE305) and now the AX90 and RE605X are remaining... hope to sell them soon. I´m loosing money... but hey... at least TP-Link is number one in sales for WiFi right?

What I learned? TP-Link just lies on its webpage... basically this is it. And they don´t care about it, because if they did, they would put information very clear about backhaul ethernet on its website and product pages.

I got some Asus routers to build my home system instead of TP-Link... Mesh is working fine with it... Asus at least gives information on the product page and the Mesh page for what works with ethernet backhaul.

I don´t care if my system is Asus or TP-Link... but TP-Link screwed me very well on this mesh stuff.

Options
2023-09-23 04:11:34

@Rodrigo_Ipa 

I think about same...  i have two AX55 and still cant backhaul them :(  + its funny when last official firmare have bugs and crash and lost wifi etc.... but beta ones always works without problems LOL :D

Options
2023-09-24 15:18:02

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Perhaps the website could do with an upgrade to make the latest firmware capabilities clearer, or may be i'm just not looking hard enough but are there any TP-Link router that support the following

1. Wifi 6 (ax)

2. EasyMesh

3. Ethernet backhaul

4. with European firmware

I'm adding C80s to key ethernet nodes - but for future proofing Wifi 6 (satelite) routers might be a better option. 

.. and is it me, but why does it appear to be taking so long to upgrade the portfolio of TP-Link Archer routers to support EasyMesh ethernet backhaul?

Thanks

Options
2023-09-24 16:50:59

@MarkRB 

AX72 V1 (EU) meets those requirements.

cheers

Options
2023-09-25 20:48:18

@Kevin_Z 

how much better is EasyMesh with Ethernet backhaul vs just putting the second AX55 in AP mode and running an ethernet cable from the lan port of each? It seemed to be working fine for me with the clients smartly trading between them based on signal strength.

(That was until both the routers have another known issue of stopping broadcast of the 2.4gz band as discussed in other threads. Note that is independent of any AP / Mesh issue as even if i turn off the AP, the Router still continuely drops the 2.4 band. Routers going back to Amazon... Need to decided if I get two more AX55s and try again, or try another brand.)

Options