EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

755 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-07 23:12:37 - last edited 2023-12-07 23:13:17

Been using the beta firmware for the AX55 and it's been very smooth as both a Main and Satellite router for EasyMesh using Ethernet Backhaul. Thank you for the continued efforts to port this feature to more hardware!

Is there an article about switching which router is the main without rebuilding the whole network? Does whichever router is acting as the main have to also be acting as the modem?

Since the AX55 is the more powerful of the easymesh routers I have, I moved it into the best location to use its better wifi coverage, but if I could have it be in the better location *and* act as the Main Router for EasyMesh, that'd be amazing.

Maybe I could have one of my non-EasyMesh routers act as the modem in bridge mode, and have the AX55 act as the main router? Would that be the better way to go?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-08 07:54:15 - last edited 2023-12-08 07:57:44

linux_user wrote

@Kevin_Z 

AX53 will also receive new firmware to add the support for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul very soon. Maybe next week. I will let you know once the new firmware is available. You may subscribe to this thread to get the updated info.

Thank you for all the updates @Kevin_Z!

When will AX53 V1 support ethernet backhaul? I have been waiting for this for months.

well maybe never, AX53v1 should be very similar to AX55v1 and AX53v2. They listed the other 2 and just left this one while it's still in retail in many countries. Very well play I'm leaving this brand, I could have bought items from another brand with Ethernet Backhaul supported 1 year ago but I got used to TP-Link ecosystem. And now look how they abandoned this product

Options
2023-12-08 08:26:24

marrocksd wrote

linux_user wrote

@Kevin_Z 

AX53 will also receive new firmware to add the support for EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul very soon. Maybe next week. I will let you know once the new firmware is available. You may subscribe to this thread to get the updated info.

When will AX53 V1 support ethernet backhaul? I have been waiting for this for months.

well maybe never, AX53v1 should be very similar to AX55v1 and AX53v2. They listed the other 2 and just left this one while it's still in retail in many countries. Very well play I'm leaving this brand, I could have bought items from another brand with Ethernet Backhaul supported 1 year ago but I got used to TP-Link ecosystem. And now look how they abandoned this product

@marrocksd Thank you for joining this conversation and requesting the new firmware for AX53v1.

There are currently no definite plans for whether or when the AX53v1 will receive new firmware to support Ethernet Backhaul. I will try to check with the related team once again and will update here if I get an update from them. You may subscribe to this thread to get the latest updates.

Options
2023-12-08 09:11:23

devl82 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have recently purchased AXE75 (AXE  5400) which currently supports only oneMesh. Is it possible to create a Router to Router wireless Backhaul with a C80 V2.2 as a satellite router or I have to wait until a new firmware is released?

@devl82 

Archer AXE75 doesn't support EasyMesh yet as you've mentioned. Only when it supports EasyMesh can you connect them via a wireless backhaul.

Options
2023-12-08 11:04:36

Peeves wrote

Been using the beta firmware for the AX55 and it's been very smooth as both a Main and Satellite router for EasyMesh using Ethernet Backhaul. Thank you for the continued efforts to port this feature to more hardware!

Is there an article about switching which router is the main without rebuilding the whole network? Does whichever router is acting as the main have to also be acting as the modem?

Since the AX55 is the more powerful of the easymesh routers I have, I moved it into the best location to use its better wifi coverage, but if I could have it be in the better location *and* act as the Main Router for EasyMesh, that'd be amazing.

Maybe I could have one of my non-EasyMesh routers act as the modem in bridge mode, and have the AX55 act as the main router? Would that be the better way to go?

@Peeves 

Hi, the Archer AX55 is not a modem, but a router only and can also be used in AP mode. If you would like to use it as the EasyMesh main device, it has to be connected to your network via Ethernet cable to receive internet, since the trial firmware of AX55 V1 supports EasyMesh in AP mode as well, you could either connect it to a bridge modem and use AX55 as router mode, or connect it to another router and use AX55 as AP mode.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-15 13:53:08 - last edited 2023-12-15 17:44:28

@Kevin_Z 

Trying to connect AX12 and AX55 using ethernet backhaul but still shows wireless connection between the 2 routers. Both on latest firmware. Any ideas? 

Options
2023-12-16 18:59:55

@Kevin_Z any idea when will be800 V1 support?

Options
2023-12-19 13:02:36
Are there any plans to add Ethernet Backhaul support for Archer AX53 v1.0? I bought AX53 to configure as the main router with old AX10 v1 as the satellite over ethernet. But did not check the HW version in the store and got ax53 v1 instead of planned v2( I hope it is possible to add ethernet backhaul support for Archer AX53 v1.0 by firmware update as it was done for ax10
Options
2023-12-19 23:21:48

Kevin_Z wrote

marrocksd wrote

linux_user wrote

@Kevin_Z 

@marrocksd Thank you for joining this conversation and requesting the new firmware for AX53v1.

There are currently no definite plans for whether or when the AX53v1 will receive new firmware to support Ethernet Backhaul. I will try to check with the related team once again and will update here if I get an update from them. You may subscribe to this thread to get the latest updates.

@Kevin_Z  Any updates from the team?

Options
2023-12-20 00:35:33

@Alpha_Ghost96 have you had any luck adding your Archer c7 to the mesh?

Options