EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

815 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-11-20 13:17:01

@Kevin_Z 

BTW I fail to resist the temptation and bought EX220 some weeks back and I can confirm that it supports easymesh and eth backhaul ( reasoning: it has Wifi alience cerification for wifi6 and easymesh ) ... I was using it few days and then decided to return it back .. can be a good choice for some that want to access the home network from outside securelly (authenticates using certificate) .. it is actually device targeting ISP companies, allowing some extra diagnostics .. dont want to spend much time here to write a review, unless explicitelly asked .. just wanted to confirm that the device is capable.

If it matters for somebody, that device has explicit certificates from authority for easymesh / wifi6 etc .. would be a good choice..

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-11-20 19:43:43

@Kevin_Z Really really also asking for support for Archer AX12, having just bought three of those to spread across 3 floor house using inplace Ethernet backhaul and looking to replace a very dated setup. Seeing AX10, AX1500, AX23 etc. and most other closest models to the AX12 and with AX12 being the very newest addition to the family, could you at least share a clear indication whether this is under way? Else I will need to sell off my 3 routers again quickly.

The model descriptions and specs prior to buying is at all not clear which models supports Ethernet backhaul vs. not, only afterwards coming to this community page did I find that very important difference between various models.

Options
2023-11-22 01:02:05

Kevin_Z wrote

@Octavio_Sampaio 

Sorry I don't.sad

I previously confirmed with the development team and was told that it would be soon. But it seems it does delay. So I cannot give you an exact timeline.

But I will try to check with them once again to see when will the AX53 will receive the new firmware.

@Kevin_Z 

I hope it'll be very soon. I just updated my AX73 to find out that my AX53 still not working through Ethernet connection. 

Options
2023-11-24 00:38:15

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z,

is there any news about the AX11000 model?

I recently purchased an AX11000 and a REX700X. The plan was to connect them via RJ45 and thus solve the smooth coverage of the apartment.

Options
2023-11-24 03:11:32

Majlou wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z,

is there any news about the AX11000 model?

I recently purchased an AX11000 and a REX700X. The plan was to connect them via RJ45 and thus solve the smooth coverage of the apartment.

Hello @Majlou 

Thank you very much for asking.

Apologies that I cannot give you an exact date or timeline to assure you when EasyMesh or Ethernet Backhaul will be available for AX11000 and those "Planned" models. 

Support doesn't get advanced notice of when new updates are being released or when a feature update will be available. But I did confirm with the related team before and I'm being told AX11000 is planned to support EasyMesh in Q2 2024, however, that is a plan and not a guarantee.

AX11000 supports Onemesh already, you can build up a mesh network with Onemesh extenders.

When talking about EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, please be aware that both the main router and the satellite extenders need to support it. Otherwise, you cannot build an Ethernet Backhaul between those devices. In other words, only when RE700X and AX11000 both support Ethernet Backhaul, you can build up a mesh network via RJ45.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-24 03:16:34

RoodRood wrote

Kevin_Z wrote

@Octavio_Sampaio 

Sorry I don't.sad

I previously confirmed with the development team and was told that it would be soon. But it seems it does delay. So I cannot give you an exact timeline.

But I will try to check with them once again to see when will the AX53 will receive the new firmware.

@Kevin_Z 

I hope it'll be very soon. I just updated my AX73 to find out that my AX53 still not working through Ethernet connection. 

@RoodRood You are right. AX53 still doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul yet.sad

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-24 03:41:19

ACHvass wrote

@Kevin_Z Really really also asking for support for Archer AX12, having just bought three of those to spread across 3 floor house using inplace Ethernet backhaul and looking to replace a very dated setup. Seeing AX10, AX1500, AX23 etc. and most other closest models to the AX12 and with AX12 being the very newest addition to the family, could you at least share a clear indication whether this is under way? Else I will need to sell off my 3 routers again quickly.

The model descriptions and specs prior to buying is at all not clear which models supports Ethernet backhaul vs. not, only afterwards coming to this community page did I find that very important difference between various models.

@ACHvass 

Have you tried to build up the mesh network via Ethernet backhaul? I'm not sure if AX12 supports Ethernet Backhaul at the moment, since there is no mention of that in the firmware release note and I assume it doesn't support it.

Again, I cannot provide an exact date or time when AX12 will support Ethernet Backhaul, you may pay close attention to the router's new firmware release notes. If it adds the support for Ethernet Backhaul, there will be a clear notice of it.

Options
2023-11-24 05:54:41

@Kevin_Z yes I did try, and the AX12 hub and AX12 satelittes simply can't see each other if only connected via Ethernet once initial pairing has been set up.

However due to a very significant acknowledged bug in AX12, where the AX12 wifi becomes unstable when multiple APs are sharing same SSID, I think even wifi based Mesh won't work at all with AX12, as discussed at Archer AX1500 (hw. AX12 v1.0) periodically drops WiFi connections in AP mode - Home Network Community (tp-link.com) . Aadmittedly, I haven't tested deeply on that, because right now my 3 newly bought AX12s are packed away awaiting resolution of that significant bug - with that resolved, I can still manually to reinstall my 3x AP setup using AX12 without doing Mesh, which would mostly be a big benefit for easy management and simpler handoff between APs for roaming clients.

Options
2023-11-25 00:13:46
I just recently bought AX73 and Air R5 and was sure that Ethernet backhaul was implemented there. Is there any information on Air R5? A router with an excellent design and, of course, should support Ethernet backhaul. I'm really looking forward to it.
Options
2023-11-27 17:44:50 - last edited 2023-11-27 17:45:13

@Kevin_Z we are all owners of ax53 waiting this blush

Options