EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

815 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-29 02:03:22

@Hibou-France 

EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul between two Archer C80 routers should work fine.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2023-12-29 02:16:20

@marrocksd 

Hi, thank you very much for the information, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

We are and will continue to improve our products, for example, a public beta firmware of Archer AX55 has supported EasyMesh in AP mode as well: Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More

@rodri66243 We have confirmed that AX53 V1 will support EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul, once there is any update, we will update this thread as soon as possible.

For now, if you need to connect it to your main router via Ethernet cable, you could consider using AP mode on the second router.

Thank you very much for the patience.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-29 07:29:36

@rodri66243 totally true, we all believe that AX55 and AX53 are exactly the same except the usb port. To some extend I even believe that I might tweak and flash the ax55 firmware to ax53 and make it work, but I don't feel it's worth playing with it anymore.

Now that they released ax53v2, not a single statement, all the same specs, but it has that feature lol

Options
2023-12-29 08:24:58

@Sunshine Thanks for the reply, I will be waiting for the firmwaresmileyyes

Options
2023-12-29 16:21:08

@Kevin_Z 

Waiting for AX12 smiley

Options
2023-12-29 21:31:25

Hi  @Kevin_Z ,

The product is really good, I just bought because of EasyMesh. The wireless backhaul is not enough between floors. I hope the developers going to release a FW for Ethernet backhaul support soon. The AX55 already support it. 

Bit dissapointing me, how it is possible the previous version has it and the highest level (AX55 Pro) edition doesn't. 

I do have an AX10 which also ready to go. This blocking me only. :-)
Come on..., you are genious, please design it for us. 
Is there any ETA for it? 

Thank you, 

Options
2023-12-29 22:33:08
Hi, Please release a FW upgrade for AX55 Pro as well. I just get one and i missed to check teh difference between "AX55" vs "AX55 Pro". Looks the cheaper has better EasyMesh service now.😒 I am very qurious. Is the EasyMesh service able to transfer all SSIDs - means Guest & IoT - or just the main one? Thank you, 👍
Options
2023-12-30 20:59:21

Hi @LevAD 

AX55 is more popular then AX55 Pro, so I understand why they add this feature to AX55 firstly. I think it is fair to release it to AX55 Pro soon. I have bought the Pro version, because of the 2.5Gbit port and I think easymesh through 2.5Gbit port would be nice. I am waiting for this router too and hope they add this feature soon, but I don't think so.

Easymesh works just with the main network SSID and you can enable guest network just in main router and there is no any option to enable it in satellite routers. I hope they add at least this option soon. Have a nice day.

Options
2024-01-02 14:35:53
Is there an ETA for ethernet backhaul support for AX53 V1?
Options
2024-01-02 18:02:13

I would love ethernet backhaul to be added to the AX55 Pro UK version, it's just been added to my BE550 in the latest update and would greatly enhance the wifi experience at home. Here's hoping for a speedy update!

Options