EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-01-05 13:38:59

@Kevin_Z 

I need to build a mesh system, but the main router will be in a cabinet along with the modem. The two other routers (nodes) I will be connecting to the main router. The main router, since it is in a cabinet, does not need to have its wifi on.

Does Mesh with the routers in this topic list (i will use ethernet cable as the backhaul) provide the ability to disable the main router wifi and keep the nodes wifi on? If not, does this option has any chance to be implemented. Or does the Deco line offers this capability of turning the wifi from the main unit off and keep the nodes wifi on?

It all this is not possible, can I at least, for any router here (like AX53, for instance) reduce the power output for the main router alone (or if this is possible, the nodes will have the wifi power output reduce too?

Thanks.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-01-05 18:20:14

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, I'm a bit confused, i just bought an AX 3000 Air R5 router, and I wonder, if it's ethernet backhaul compatible. Assuming, it's a new product and its not the cheapest one, it supports it, but I'd be very happy if you could confirm it.

Thank you!

Regards,

Gyuri

Options
2024-01-06 18:33:42

@Rodrigo_Ipa I can't say if turning off WiFi will or wont work (i need it for my extender), but after setting up my "easy"mesh network with ethernet backhaul it would start dropping packets on the satellite router when I made small changes to the WiFi setting on the main router (eg renaming 6GHz SSID)

My Setup
BE550 (main router)

RE500x (WiFi extender)

AX10 (satellite router w/ethernet backhaul)

Options
2024-01-06 18:37:41

@Gyurikabmx the BE550 & BE900 are new (not cheap) devices and they just recently got ethernet backhaul.

Options
2024-01-08 02:07:59

@Gyurikabmx 

Hi, Archer Air R5 doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul yet but will support it, you could also refer to the Q7 in this thread: Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router --- Archer Air R5

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-09 18:00:58

RE315 also supports ethernet backhaul now

Options
2024-01-10 00:51:30

Alkazar wrote

RE315 also supports ethernet backhaul now

@Alkazar 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

This thread only lists TP-Link wireless routers, range extender is not included.

For Range Extender, please refer to this thread: RE315 Supports EasyMesh Over Ethernet Backhaul

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-10 18:05:03

@Kevin_Z I live in Brazil and I would like to know which models listed on the website have Ethernet backhaul support.

The models available are:

- Archer C80 (V1, V2, V2.20)

- Archer AX10 (V1, V1.2, V2)

- Archer AX12 (BR)_V1

- Archer AX53 (US)_V1

- Archer AX72 (US)_V1

Could you please tell me if one of those models have Ethernet backhaul?

Options
2024-01-11 07:20:51

@Kevin_Z Is there an ETA for Ethernet backhaul support for AX53 V1? Since AX53 V2 already has Ethernet backhaul support?

Options
2024-01-12 01:52:27

jvzaniolo wrote

@Kevin_Z I live in Brazil and I would like to know which models listed on the website have Ethernet backhaul support.

The models available are:

- Archer C80 (V1, V2, V2.20)

- Archer AX10 (V1, V1.2, V2)

- Archer AX12 (BR)_V1

- Archer AX53 (US)_V1

- Archer AX72 (US)_V1

Could you please tell me if one of those models have Ethernet backhaul?

@jvzaniolo 

The models and hardware versions that I listed in my original post support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul. Such as C80 V1 & V2.20, Archer AX10_V1/V1.2/V2, Archer AX72_V1:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

How to find whether a specific model and hardware supports EasyMesh or Ethernet Backhaul, you can check the firmware release notes. There will be a very clear note for EasyMesh or Ethernet Backhaul as follows (I will take Archer AX72 V1 firmware release notes as an example here):

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options