EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

784 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-01-12 02:10:59

razr_24 wrote

@Kevin_Z Is there an ETA for Ethernet backhaul support for AX53 V1? Since AX53 V2 already has Ethernet backhaul support?

@razr_24 

Sorry, I still don't get any advanced info about that.sad

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-01-13 03:48:48

@Kevin_Z 

AX55 Pro?

Options
2024-01-13 12:27:54

@effem

Am with you - waiting on AX55 Pro ethernet backhaul.

Options
2024-01-15 07:42:14 - last edited 2024-01-15 11:53:38

@Kevin_Z 

I have recently upgraded my broadband and my ISP provided 2 of the new TP-Link HB810. The main one is connected to the fibre modem in the living room and the second one is connected with ethernet backhaul in upstairs.

I have basement and the wifi from the HB810 is patchy on the basement level, particularly in my home office. Is there any reason I cannot add one of the routers  that support ethernet backhaul on the list (with the correct firmware version applied) and extend the Easymesh WiFi to the basement floor, I couldn't find a lot of detail on the HB810, I assume as it's a fairly new device and marketed to service providers rather than consumers.

Thanks

Options
2024-01-15 19:55:57 - last edited 2024-01-15 19:58:09

Kevin_Z wrote

razr_24 wrote

@Kevin_Z Is there an ETA for Ethernet backhaul support for AX53 V1? Since AX53 V2 already has Ethernet backhaul support?

@razr_24 

Sorry, I still don't get any advanced info about that.sad

@Kevin_Z But it will it eventually support ethernet backhaul? I just bought A53, hoping for V2, but V1 has arrived. Now I am thinking, if I shall return it, or it will have the Ethernet backhaul soon.

BTW this politics of TP-link, to have many different hardware version of the same model is really annoying, because different version of the same model often differ quite significantly, and you can't see, which version you are buying when ordering online. In my opinion, you have way too many different router models, which are really no different (e.g. AX10 and AX1500 - even same firmware...), on the other hand, the same model can have quite different hardware among version. This is a mess!

Options
2024-01-17 17:28:43

@Kevin_Z 

5 days ago, I bought a AX53 v1 in Amazon. In this forum, I has read than this router doesn't have ethernet backhaul feature. In my case, this feature is very important because I have three wired floors and ethernet backhaul is the best possible configuration.

I like this router but without this feature I would return and I would buy other.

Problem with TPLINK is that this company doesn't report if they are working or developing a firmware with ethernet backhaul feature in AX53 V1. If they will report, customers could decide whether to wait or not. In another case and to ensure the refund (30 days with Amazon), some customers will return the router.

From my point of view, a company isn't reliable if it doesn't report its users about the future of its products.

Regards

PD: it is curious to see that AX23 (cheaper router) has backhaul ethernet and AX53 v1 hasn't.

Options
2024-01-18 02:26:16

@sp3ccym3n  I don't  know why they can't release a firmware update for AX53 V1 when AX53 V2 already supports it. It's not like they need to develop firmware from scratch. Even AX23 V1 also supports Ethernet Backhaul. The differences in V1/V2 between the same Models are getting annoying. Why are they taking such a long time to release firmware? 

Options
2024-01-18 18:56:25

@razr_24 

I totally agree with you. Today, I have requested a refund to Amazon and I believe that in the future, I won't buy TPLink products. Now I am looking for other router with ethernet backhaul.

Tplink company doesn't take care of your customers and they aren't transparent. Customers don't have to wait if the company is going to develop a firmware or they is going to discontinue the product. Also, I have a doubt, will they be the same with business support?

Options
2024-01-18 23:00:53

@sp3ccym3n 

@Kevin_Z 

I have 2 devices ax53 v1 disabled since september waiting for this new firmware update.

Options
2024-01-19 02:59:38

Stu15 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have recently upgraded my broadband and my ISP provided 2 of the new TP-Link HB810. The main one is connected to the fibre modem in the living room and the second one is connected with ethernet backhaul in upstairs.

I have basement and the wifi from the HB810 is patchy on the basement level, particularly in my home office. Is there any reason I cannot add one of the routers  that support ethernet backhaul on the list (with the correct firmware version applied) and extend the Easymesh WiFi to the basement floor, I couldn't find a lot of detail on the HB810, I assume as it's a fairly new device and marketed to service providers rather than consumers.

Thanks

@Stu15 

Hi, HB810 is indeed a model for ISPs only, thus we community don't have much information about it. Upon checking it on official website, it supports EasyMesh wireless backhaul and also Ethernet backhaul, so in theory, it should work with other TP-Link EasyMesh routers as well, but since we community don't have advanced information about HB810, we are unable to confirm it, and if you would like to extend the wireless coverage of the existing HB810, it is recommended to contact your ISP to see if you could get one more HB810 from them.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options