EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

733 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-23 11:33:32

Dezinn wrote

@Dezinn 

I tested a little today and it seems to me that after turning on my Nintendo Switch and connecting to WiFi, a few minutes later the Smart Connect turns itself off. I'm keeping an eye on it, but that seems to be the case. very strange...

@Dezinn Thank you very much for posting in the community.

Does this mean when you turn on the Nintendo Switch and connect it to the mesh WiFi, the Smart Connect will be automatically off on the AX53? Please help test it and also provide the exact model (maybe a direct product page) of the switch. We may try to get the same model to test it.

Can I know what are other mesh routers or extenders in this network? How are they connected?

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-02-23 12:01:59

Frost90 wrote

Regarding Wake on LAN, I was using in fact Wake on Wan and it was working perfectly when I didn't have mesh setup. Now my PC is connected with a cable to the satellite(EX220) instead of the main (AX53 V1) and it's not working.

All the steps from the article are already in place: Enabled WOL on BIOS, Fast startup disabled, Enabled WOL on the Network adapter,  IP & MAC Binding for the LAN computer, Port forwarding for port 9 for my PC private IP, Dynamic DNS used (ie: frost.tplinkdns.com)

In the Android app for WoL I set: frost.tplinkdns.com as the address, I set port 9, I set my PC MAC Address.

@Frost90 Can you confirm if the IP address on the PC gets changed when connecting to the EX220? Do you use static IP settings on the PC?

BTW, does Wake on LAN still work? Are you able to test that?

Frost90 wrote

Tried with 4 different cables, negotation speed is always based on luck, it's 50/50 between 100mbps and 1000mbps. The Auto-Negotiation is faulty in my opinion.

Feedback for the AX53 V1 ethernet backhaul: The connection was stable for 2-3 days, after that I had an episode where it started to constantly disconnect and couldn't even login to the router, it was resolved after a reboot.

Regarding the Wi-Fi coverage, I turned on Wi-Fi on my phone near the satellite(EX220) at 0.5m away and it connected to the main (AX53 V1) at ~6m away. Waited a few minutes however it didn't switch to the satellite Wi-Fi, it switched only after I went to a place in the house where the signal was really bad for the main, but good enough for the satellite.

Whether roaming to a specific node will depend on the device itself. It's not decided by the router. You can check similar articles posted by Deco here.

If the connection between the AX53 and the EX220 is not stable or the speed is not good at 1000Mbps, and you have tried changing the cable, and relocating the two routers, it's suggested to contact the local technical support to be advised further or check whether any of them is faulty.

Options
2024-02-23 13:00:10

@Kevin_Z Hello! I restarted my ax53 and my c80 connected via easymesh, I left my Nintendo turned off and still the smart connect function turned itself off after a while. I honestly don't know what it could be, this wasn't happening before, it's a specific bug in this 1.2.4 beta firmware.

Firmware:

1.2.4 Build 20240206 rel.41393(5553)

Hardware:

Archer AX53 v1.0

Firmware:

1.13.2 Build 230824 Rel.75032n(4252)

Hardware:

Archer C80 v2.2

Options
2024-02-23 15:25:15 - last edited 2024-02-23 15:27:56

Hello  @Kevin_Z ,
The label on the router indicates is an AX53 US Model v1.0.
Yes, I did unzip the FW. The zip file wasn't corrupted. I tried with 2 browsers: Chrome and Firefox

Options
2024-02-24 06:41:16 - last edited 2024-02-24 07:42:55

@Kevin_Z ,

PROBLEM: EasyMesh is working via Ethernet Backhaul, but wired connections plugged to Archer AX53 v1 (firmware 1.2.4_Build_20240206_Beta, setted as Satellite) do not receive a valid IP. Only wireless connections work and receive a valid IP, not the Ethernet wired ones.

I'm using an Archer AX73 v2 as the Main router and 2 (two) Archer AX53 v1 as Satellites. All firmware are up to date, all routers are US models.

The satellites are only working with devices connected to them via wireless, but the wired Ethernet connections plugged to the two satellites AX53 do not receive a valid IP (just a 169.254... IP type, indicating that something is wrong).

Wired connections plugged on the Main router AX73 v2 work fine. Also wired connections work fine if I use the AX53 v1 as Main router. The problem only occurs when AX53 are used as satellites in a EasyMesh environment.

[ ] Rubens

Options
2024-02-25 01:31:52

When will easymesh ethernet backhaul be released for archer gx90 (Ax6600)

Options
2024-02-28 08:44:50

@Dezinn 

Hi, I've seen you another thread and escalated your case to our senior engineer for analysis. Please pay attention to your email.

Options
2024-02-28 09:01:11

Rubens_Alves wrote

@Kevin_Z ,

PROBLEM: EasyMesh is working via Ethernet Backhaul, but wired connections plugged to Archer AX53 v1 (firmware 1.2.4_Build_20240206_Beta, setted as Satellite) do not receive a valid IP. Only wireless connections work and receive a valid IP, not the Ethernet wired ones.

I'm using an Archer AX73 v2 as the Main router and 2 (two) Archer AX53 v1 as Satellites. All firmware are up to date, all routers are US models.

The satellites are only working with devices connected to them via wireless, but the wired Ethernet connections plugged to the two satellites AX53 do not receive a valid IP (just a 169.254... IP type, indicating that something is wrong).

Wired connections plugged on the Main router AX73 v2 work fine. Also wired connections work fine if I use the AX53 v1 as Main router. The problem only occurs when AX53 are used as satellites in a EasyMesh environment.

[ ] Rubens

@Rubens_Alves 

Hi, if you use AX53 as EasyMesh satellite via WiFi backhaul, will wired client devices work fine? If still not working, please try configuring a static IP address within the same subnet as your main router to see if it works.

Options
2024-02-28 09:05:40

@Amin7860 

Hi, unfortunately, we community don't have advanced notice about when GX90 will support Ethernet Backhaul, please pay attention to this thread and also firmware update on the router.

Options
2024-02-28 09:10:30

@Neon1234XX 

Hi, upon checking, the SG version firmware is a localized firmware which cannot update EU or US version firmware. Please wait for the new firmware release for SG version.

Options
Related Articles