EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

744 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-03-26 07:48:06

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

can you tell me why the archer AX58 is not in the list?

It doesn't appear anywhere in discussions except mine?

This one does not support Ethernet Backhaul and I am looking forward to this feature.

My AX58 is the main one and I have an AX53 (with beta firmware) as the access point.

Can you tell me if I need to reverse them to take advantage of Ethernet Backhaul?

Thanks

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-03-26 10:31:18

Does anybody know when official firmware for Archer AX53 V1 will be available for downloading? For V.2 it has been around for quite a long time.

Options
2024-03-26 12:03:57

@ChrisBS I have Archer BE800 v1.0 as primary router and two BE550 in satellite mode and you can see ethernet backhaul working prety well. But you hve to be ever of one thing. Backhaul can cause loops in yor network. If you are using more complex switch with loop protection you will face problem with error-disabled ports which can cause your satellites can see your main router only via WiFi.

Options
2024-03-27 01:10:54

@Lester228 

Hi, do you mean only 2.4G WiFi is used for the WiFi Backhaul? 

Please try move the satellite router closer to the main router and then check it again, if the issue still exists, please share iwith us the screenshots, let us know how far it is between the satellites and the main router.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-27 01:14:49

@Fabien31 

Hi, may I know if your Archer AX58 is V1 or V2? 

Archer AX58 V2 supports Ethernet Backhaul and it has been added to the list.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-27 01:16:46

@tlkounev 

Thanks a lot for the feedback, may I know the firmware version of your BE800?

Options
2024-03-27 01:26:00

@Sunshine 

When i setup the satellite unit just 1 meter away i can get the full speed wifi connection but when i move it to the 1st floor which is only around 15 feet away with NO major wall blocking the WiFi Backhaul shows only connected with 2.4G. This extremely useless and defeat the whole purpose of using wifi7 and so call the Whole Home Mesh WiFi. I thought BE805 is supporting Ethernet Backhaul and i actually asked the Official Tp-link online store in my local country, they told me it can setup Easymesh with multiple units of BE805 via Ethernet Backhaul thus i bought 3 units and now i'm stuck with this.

Options
2024-03-27 02:44:37

@Lester228 

Both satellites are on the first floor and 15 feet from the main router? where is the main router?

You could try powering off both satellite routers, then check the 5G signal strength of the main router at the satellite locations to see if the 5G signal is strong enough.

In addition, Archer BE805 indeed does not support Ethernet Backhaul yet, you could try moving the satellite routers to different locations on the first floor to ensure it could receive a good 5G signal from the main router to see if 5G backhaul will work properly.

Or you could also consider using the satellite routers as AP mode which is to connect them to the main router via Ethernet cable without mesh any more: (Case One)How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

Options
2024-03-27 06:19:20

@Sunshine hello, it's a V1

Options
2024-03-27 12:06:07

@tlkounev 

If cause loops seem to not work fine

@Sunshine 

BE800 Does it support EasyMesh Ethernet backhaul or not? There's no official information about it, but I consider buying it. 

Options
Related Articles