EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

866 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-04-04 19:39:34 - last edited 2024-04-04 19:45:17

Very disappointing the Archer AX55 Pro has been left out of firmware updates. The Archer AX55 and AX53 sometimes seem to have supply issues (price doubled on Amazon overnight in the UK for some reason). Asus AI Mesh seems more enticing. ALL of their routers support ethernet backhaul as far as I can see, not just a limited set like TP Link. I will purchase the AX55 Pro if there is at least a promise of ethernet backhaul within a month or so, but there's been nothing, for more than a year, not even beta firmware.

It seems crazy they've added Ethernet backhaul to some other devices, and the RE315?? Why.. it only has a 100mb/s ethernet port, Wi-Fi backhaul would be faster.

It'd be nice if the faster range extenders were supported in ethernet backhaul (eg RE705x). 

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-04-06 19:56:41

@Kevin_Z  please give the update easy mash for c6v3

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-04-07 03:50:03

@Amin7860 @grinreaper 

Unfortunately, we community team doesn't have advanced notice about when it will be available on AX53 V1 official firmware, GX90, or AX12, once there is any update, we will update this thread.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-07 03:51:32

@SayeemAhmed 

Hi, Archer C6 V3 doesn't support EasyMesh, as you can see in the EasyMesh compatibility list, Archer C6 supports EasyMesh since Version 4: TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

Thus I am afraid it will not support Ethernet Backhaul as well.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-08 05:38:19

@Kevin_Z Thank you, when will Tp-Link AX53 have the Mesh in AP mode feature?

Options
2024-04-08 07:13:47

@JeremieNguyen 

Hi, we are not sure when EasyMesh will be available in AP mode for AX53, it is recommended to monitor any new firmware update via the router Web GUI or TP-Link official website.

Options
2024-04-08 07:23:23

Thanks @Sunshine, can you tell me the full release notes of firmware 1.2.4_Build 20240206_Beta?

If I have updated to a beta version, how do I go back to the previous version?

Options
2024-04-08 12:12:37

@Kevin_Z Is possible to build a Easymesh via Ethernet Backhaul with 2 AX10 routers?

Options
2024-04-08 19:48:14

@Sunshine There is a lot of hate because for C6 V3 users we made a mistake by buying C6 V3 and I used to love TP Link company but from today I am very sorry for the service.

Sayeem Ahmed
Options
2024-04-09 01:24:39

JeremieNguyen wrote

Thanks @Sunshine, can you tell me the full release notes of firmware 1.2.4_Build 20240206_Beta?

If I have updated to a beta version, how do I go back to the previous version?

@JeremieNguyen 

Hi, our community was only informed about the addition of Ethernet backhaul when we received this beta. And for firmware downgrade, it is the same procedure as the manual firmware update, the 1.2.4 beta firmware could downgrade to 1.2.x official firmware such as the 1.2.2 Build 20230627 official firmware available on TP-Link website: Firmware Download for Archer AX53 V1

Options