EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

817 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

Marvin_S wrote

@Neon1234XX 

Hi, thanks for your update.

May I confirm that you downloaded the firmware I shared and upgraded it? What I shared is for EU version, if your Archer AX53 V1 is SG version, I am afraid that it is not suitable. 

There will be new firmware release for SG version and you can take online update directly in the near future.

Or you may temporarily download and upgrade this: Archer AX53_V1(SG)_240509

If you still failed to set up the Ethernet Backhaul, please share your network topology, the model of all your routers, how did you find the crash and so on.

For your reference: How to Build an Ethernet Backhaul Using Two EasyMesh Routers

Hello  @Marvin_S,

I obtained the update thru the router

My topology:

The AX53 v1 is my main router and an AX23 v1.2 (1.1.0 Build 20231115 Rel. 64818) is connected to it via wireless mesh. This topology works.

Now, If I connect the AX23 v1.2 to the AX53 v1 via ethernet, the AX53 keeps on crashing and rebooting until I unplug the ethernet cable. The AX23 v1.2 doesn't crash

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2 weeks ago

@Neon1234XX have you tried connecting the ax23 directly to the ax53? without the gigabit switch

Options
2 weeks ago

@SeventySix i wonder if you could go to your local tp-link website then download the 1.2.2 official version, then try updating in using the webapp? (also i got the update notif from the tether app not webapp)

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Char-lie 

Hello Charlie,

I brought the AX23 side by side to the main router in the living room and connected a network cable from the AX23 directly to it (i.e. I'm bypassing the switch), the main router (AX53) would reboot a couple of times and eventually, go back online.

However, the AX23 will remain on wireless ethernet. The network cable is detected because the ethernet lights Led on the AX23 lights up when I plug it in.

Afterwards, I moved back the AX23 to my office room (where wifi signal is weaker) and reconnected it to the AX53 via the Gigabit switch. The AX23 shows wireless connection at full strength which shouldn't be. A speed test from a device connected to the wirelessly to AX23 shows about 300Mbps which I can only obtain if I have ethernet backhaul. Wireless Backhaul is limited to <100Mbps.

I'm suspecting that Ethernet backhaul has been achieved although the admin page shows wireless connection (See screenshot above) . However, Devices will not remain connected to my main router and internet connection gets disconnected intermittently on my main router

Once, I revert back to wireless ethernet, everything works fine again.

I think more testing and improvements need to be done on Ethernet backhaul.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately the new firmware for the AX53 v1 does not work with ethernet backhaul. You will need a beta version again or an updated one adding this function.

What makes me sad is knowing that the Mercusys mr30g in the updated version works 100% with ethernet backhaul with the second router's configuration page.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Neon1234XX strange my firmware version is 1.2.4 Build 20240509 rel.64683(5553) while yours is 1.2.4 Build 20240509(5347) maybe its different? also did you connect the AX53 LAN port to the AX23 LAN port? (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/620656). if all else failed, couldn't you just use the access point mode for the ax23 if you need wireless access?

also could you check the system logs?

p.s. could you confirm that both ax53 and ax23 are hardware ver SG and on the latest firmware?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Marvin_S in the official website it for the EU version.. when would the US version be released? 

also the modifications only says "enchanced device security"

p.s. my local website (indonesia) still doesn't have the 1.2.4 firmware

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Hello   @Char-lie,

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I did connect the AX53 Lan port to the AX23 Lan port.
The AX53 logs don't provide any info about the issue. I see the same info as your screenshot.

I'm able to get wireless access in my office room using easymesh with AX23 connecting to AX53 in wireless backhaul
I would like full wireless speed in my office room with the AX23 configured in ethernet backaul.

With wireless backhaul, my devices are connected to the AX23 with max of 100Mbps (and some latency)

With ethernet backhaul, my devices could be connecting to the AX23 with  >300Mbps

Char-lie wrote

@Neon1234XX strange my firmware version is 1.2.4 Build 20240509 rel.64683(5553) while yours is 1.2.4 Build 20240509(5347) maybe its different? also did you connect the AX53 LAN port to the AX23 LAN port? (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/620656). if all else failed, couldn't you just use the access point mode for the ax23 if you need wireless access?

also could you check the system logs?

p.s. could you confirm that both ax53 and ax23 are hardware ver SG and on the latest firmware?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z 

On the EasyMesh Product List page it shows that Archer AX12 has wired Ethernet Backhaul support. Is it wrong?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kevin_Z Hi, how does it look with ax55 pro please? I m using ax73 as main and ax55 pro as satellite but it doesn´t work with Ethernet backhaul 

Options