EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

863 Reply
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-07-23 00:03:14

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

kostyax wrote

@Kevin_Z The second router previously worked as an access point without building an easy mesh. It was connected via a 2.5Gb port to the main router (also 2.5Gb). Everything worked fine. I'm sure of the port's functionality.
Only in Easy Mesh Satellite mode the 2.5 port does not work. It is impossible to even connect devices to it. But when I reset Easy Mesh it works as Wan/Lan stable.

@kostyax I see. Thank you very much for the verification.

So once configured as a satellite router and connected to the main AX55 Pro via its LAN port (gigabit port, it's not the 2.5G WAN port) to build up EasyMesh network via Ethernet backhaul successfully, it's still not working if you connect it to the main or any of the client devices via the 2.5G port?

If that is the case, I would like to escalate your case to our support engineers to investigate further.

I can also confirm I have the same issue as @kostyax .  The 2.5G port doesn't work at all on the satelite router when in Ethernet backhaul mode using 1G ports. The satelite's 2.5G port works fine when not in Ethernet backhaul mode.

And I can add that the 2.5G port works on the main router (to a client device) when the main router is in 1Gbps Ethernet backhaul mode with the satelite. So it appears to be something in the satelite code thats not running the 2.5G port.

Ideally I would like to run the Ethernet backhaul link over the 2.5G ports, otherwise theres no point me having the AX55 pro versions vs the non-pro.

I have 2x "Archer AX55 Pro v1.0" both on "1.3.1 Build 20240426 rel.31941(4555)". I have a 2.5G capable link between my office and my main router, and I need that 2.5G link to support bandwidth between my office and my NAS etc which is located where the main router is. So ideally I would like to run the easymesh satelite AX55-pro in my office with 2.5G Ethernet backhaul to my main AX55-pro router.

Options
Re:EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW
2024-07-23 01:58:48

@stuko 

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

When connecting the two AX55 Pro via the 1G LAN-LAN, and connecting a PC to the satellite 2.5G port, will the PC get a valid IP address and gateway? Are you able to ping the gateway?

We will also escalate your case to our support engineers for further investigation, please follow up with the engineers directly and update the community once there is a solution.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-24 05:42:15

Kevin_Z wrote

@stuko 

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

When connecting the two AX55 Pro via the 1G LAN-LAN, and connecting a PC to the satellite 2.5G port, will the PC get a valid IP address and gateway? Are you able to ping the gateway?

We will also escalate your case to our support engineers for further investigation, please follow up with the engineers directly and update the community once there is a solution.

@Kevin_Z 

No. When using that 2.5G port on the satellite plugged in to a client, the client acts as if there is no network cable plugged in.

Options
2024-07-24 06:50:32

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

Do you have feedback from developer about beta or pre-released version blackhaul for ax12?

Options
2024-07-25 05:49:57

Lovage wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi

Do you have feedback from developer about beta or pre-released version blackhaul for ax12?

@Lovage Apologies that I haven't received any notice from the developers at the moment. I will immediately upload it here in the community once I receive it.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-07-25 10:01:34 - last edited 2024-07-25 10:02:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Bud, 

I've tried the Beta version for the AX55 V1, The wired ethernet backhaul feature isn't stable while moving around, the satellite loses network and drops out completely. I am waiting for the bug-fixed version.

Just so you know, I'm using the AX55 v1 as the primary and the RE705x as the satellite Mesh node. As far as I know, even the Beta version has been suspended, I'm looking forward to seeing the official release soon.

Best,

Jehoash

Options
2024-07-26 08:57:54

Jehoash wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Bud, 

I've tried the Beta version for the AX55 V1, The wired ethernet backhaul feature isn't stable while moving around, the satellite loses network and drops out completely. I am waiting for the bug-fixed version.

Just so you know, I'm using the AX55 v1 as the primary and the RE705x as the satellite Mesh node. As far as I know, even the Beta version has been suspended, I'm looking forward to seeing the official release soon.

Best,

Jehoash

@Jehoash Is the model number Archer AX55 Pro V1? Can you please check the firmware version of it now on its web interface page?

According to the following thread, RE705X doesn't support Ethernet backhaul at the moment:

EasyMesh Range Extenders Start Supporting Building an EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul

When building the EasyMesh network via Ethernet Backhaul, both the router and the RE should support it.

BTW, the 1.3.1 official version has been published on the website, please try to download and upload it into your router manually again to check if you can get a stable connection via EasyMesh.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax55-pro/v1/#Firmware

Options
2024-07-27 03:20:21

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Not sure if you want to double check on AX23V (JP) to add it to the list, but if someone is interested I have bought one and it supports Ethernet backhaul.

AX23V  is sold in Japan. I acquired one and was able to set it up as an EasyMesh satellite

Model: Archer AX23V

Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20240429

Scenario:

Archer AX10 v2.0 (US) as main router

Archer AX23V as EasyMesh satellite using a Cat6 network wire

I've checked on AX10 web UI that AX23V connection type appears as wired and some clients were connected to it.

Options
2024-07-27 15:19:30

@Kevin_Z  when would the ax53 V1 getting the ethernet backhaul for easymesh officially? last official non beta update was like 2 months ago, and it just "enchances device security". could i get an estimate when the beta firmware would be pushed to the official firmware? thanks in advance!

Options
2024-07-29 05:14:23

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Kevin,

I've got the AX55 V1. Not the Pro...unfortunately.

Options