[Closed]Public Beta Release to Improve OpenVPN Performance on Archer AX73/AX55

[Closed]Public Beta Release to Improve OpenVPN Performance on Archer AX73/AX55

71 Reply
Re:Public Beta Release to Improve OpenVPN Performance on Archer AX73/AX55
2023-12-12 07:19:01

@JB23 

JB23 wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Hi - I recently upgraded to the latest TP Link firmware here for my Archer AX55 router:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax55/v1/#Firmware

When I configure and connect a Wireguard VPN client, it shows that it connects in the admin. status page (TP-Link) but I am unable to ping my Wguard server gateway (testing from the Diagnostic section in the TP-Link Admin). Looking at the Wireguard Server side, bytes transferred appear smaller than my other Wguard clients when they connect so can you confirm what version of Wireguard is part of this 1.2.6 firmware update?

Again - TP-Link shows 'Connected' but is unable to ping the Wguard server gateway IP and no other Wguard clients.

Output of my WG Server:
>>>>>

peer: I5u2Vb75a8EAcB5wyYOxWTl8NHBXXXXXXXXXX=
  endpoint: 71.XX.XXX.XX:52668
  allowed ips: 10.189.204.XXX/32
  latest handshake: 49 seconds ago
  transfer: 552 B received, 184 B sent

>>>>>

JB

Hi, please also try to ping the WireGuard Server Gateway IP on the WireGuard VPN Client devices that are connected to the AX55 Router, you could also check if those client devices are able to access the local resources of the VPN Server.

For more troubleshooting, please refer to this guide: Why can’t I access or discover certain devices over VPN

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options