Mismatched Hardware version, colour options non functional or missing, Alexa desyncing via App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mismatched Hardware version, colour options non functional or missing, Alexa desyncing via App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-12 20:45:51 - last edited 2023-10-12 22:00:31
Model: Tapo L530B  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: (3.0) 1.1.0 Build 230823 REL.163903 & (2.0) 1.1.0 Build 230721 REL.224802

yesterday we'd purchased 6x Tapo L530B bulbs, 5x of them were Hardware version 2.0 and 1 was 3.0. The 3.0 bulb has been having issues syncing, colours outright not working with alexa, the device failing to connect to alexa at times. and at one point i had to resync all devices to alexa within the app. Thankfully alexa has a device memory so everything just want back into place. 3.0 Device is missing the ability to smoothly turn on and off, is very Janky and overall just not great, Not a wifi issue. Speed is gigabit, router is less than 50 feet away from the bulbs in an open room. has a whole 2.4ghz band to themselves. Is this something firmware can fix? or should i just return the one faulty bulb and buy another, Kind of a pain they send me 5x 2.0 bulbs and 1x 3.0 bulb. And a bigger pain if the rest are this bad. I've just ordered 11 GU10 bulbs so really don't want this to be an ongoing issue. otherwise it'll be a swift return from me. Please see attached images with firmware versions, and some over evidence to support my claims.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mismatched Hardware version, colour options non functional or missing, Alexa desyncing via App
2023-10-27 06:05:56

@PhoebeRP 

This version of Tapo L530 doesn't have any known issues when working with Alexa, so your situation seems more like an isolated case.

Have you received the new Tapo L630 GU10 bulbs? Any abnormalities in their performance?

If this L530 V3 is the only device with an issue, please send me its Mac address in a private message, and we will investigate if there are any abnormal records associated with it.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 1

Related Articles