[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

[Closed] Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode etc.

295 Reply
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-02 17:17:29 - last edited 2024-01-02 22:50:21

@Sunshine 

New problem:  In the web GUI of the main router, under EasyMesh, I have one RE700X extender configured. This morning, it was inoperative with only one blue LED on. I attempted to access the extender's web interface but the interface did not fully load in the browser and hung. Unplugging the extender and plugging it back in did not fix the problem. The extender was then reset and paired again with the main router using WPS. Now, some hours later, the main router's topology map shows the extender connected to the satellite router. That's OK as the extender is on the first floor, the satellite AX55 (wired) is on the ground floor, and the main router is on the second floor, meaning the extender is equally distant between them  But that's not the problem.  The problem is that clicking the reboot icon for the RE700X in the main router's GUI does not reboot the extender. It was necessary to enter the extender's GUI to reboot the device.

I rebooted the extender to see if the topology map would change and it did.  The RE700X is now showing as being wirelessly connected to the main router instead of the satellite router. Again I tried to reboot the RE700X in the main router's GUI and again, it did not work.  Therefore, it does not matter which router it is connected to, the reboot icon does not work for the RE700X.

On a related issue, there is a grammatical error in the message that is displayed when clicking the reboot icon. It reads "RE700x has been reboot" and should read "RE700x has been rebooted"

RE700X hardware version:  1,0

RE700X firmware version:  1.1.4 Build 20230509 Rel. 78185(6985)

Options
Re:Public Beta for Archer AX55 V1 Supports EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul, DoH&DoT, ECO Mode and More
2024-01-02 18:42:44 - last edited 2024-01-02 18:44:06

After testing Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul for 2 months, I am going back to:

Router -> AP 

(Sharing same SSID/password)

Here my feedback

PROs of Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul:

- Easy configuration in one place

CONS of Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul:

- Wifi Roaming around the house was the same, I thought Easymesh would have 802.11r to improve this, but Sunshine confirmed that Fast roaming was not implemented

- AX55 consumes more CPU

- Less personalization in Satellite, no way to enable Guest Network for example

I really hope AX55 could enable Fast Roaming in a future, something like OpenWRT's implementation

Options
2024-01-03 08:56:50

@Trungtd 

Hi, please confirm if you are using 1.2.6 official firmware or 1.2.6 beta firmware, which are different, for EasyMesh ethernet backhaul, please use the 1.2.6 beta firmware provided in this thread.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-03 09:01:08

@effem 

effem wrote

pkonrad1996 wrote

@Sunshine 

@pkonrad1996 I'm in this thread because I thought the beta firmware worked on the ax55 pro. Does it not?

Hi, Archer AX55 Pro cannot use firmware for Archer AX55 since they are two different models. And at this moment, there is no such beta firmware for Archer AX55 Pro.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-03 11:22:10 - last edited 2024-01-04 00:32:28

@jra11500 

Och i see :) so then yeah, will be nice if they could add it.

@Sunshine 
Will be nice features on web UI  (satellite router) add own IP Address to connect to device, like said @jra11500 

Options
2024-01-03 12:10:23

@Sunshine 

Hi,

I have an AX80(v1) and an AX55 (v1) router. I can use the EasyMesh via Wireless Backhaul without any problem.  (AX80 is the main, AX55 is the satellite router)
I got this link for AX55 beta firmware, what is support the Ethernet Backhaul. (The AX80 firmware knows the EB already) I have installed it, but the Ethernet Backhaul is not work.

I used this instruction for setup.

I tried both scenarios. 

In case of 1st scenario, the main router doesn't detect the AX55 via LAN cable.
In case of 2nd scenario I think the connection is not Ethernet Backhaul because the icon of connection is wifi signal instead of LAN connector. (And the signal strength become poor.)

Do you have any idea, what is the problem? Thanks in advance.

Options
2024-01-03 21:49:48

@Sunshine 

Been running this fireware for a month now on 2 AX55 routers (One configured as main router and the other a satellite via ethernet backhaul) - stable performance so far and I think I've seen improvements in wireless roaming. This is compared to using the two devices with one in AP mode.

However, I have noticed the Guest and IOT networks are not being broadcast by the satellite router - this may have been a limitation in OneMesh networks as seen in the thread below -  Hoping anyone can shed some light on this or experienced similar?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/210476 

Thanks,

T

Options
2024-01-03 21:56:22
Hi, Might seem basic but have you tried factory resetting the AX55 router? I needed to do this before it detected the ethernet backhaul. I would also recommend removing the device as a satellite router from the main router before you try re-adding it. Thanks,
Options
2024-01-03 23:15:17

@Sunshine Would just like to ask. May I have the link for  latest public release of the beta version please? 

Options
2024-01-04 00:17:34 - last edited 2024-01-04 00:18:09

@Retro_0223 

you can find it on first post inside this topic :) but if you don't know how, take it:

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

Options