C320WS connection issues.

2023-12-14 14:41:42
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi all, 

To start by saying I am going to hardwire it on soon but I was just curious about my issues more than anything else. 

I have had this camera for 18 months I think now and it's great 90% of the time but the issue I have is the load times of the camera via the Tapo app from opening the app and clicking the camera it can take 15-20 seconds before it loads, if it does, or you have to press the message to "Try again" slightly defeating the point of seeing whos at my door! or checking the motion doorbell late at night or early morning! We have a cat I swear knows we have it! 

When I use the camera via VLC as an IP camera it can pull it up in 2 seconds and works spot on. 

I've tried:

• A reset and setup
  • Multiple power cycles via app and power at the wall
  • Adjusting the antenna for a better single
  • Changing to 1080p vs 2k no resolution. (I felt it at first but not now, but curiously I have kept it 1080p for longer days recording and for my phone it's clear enough actually)
  • Updating software as soon as there is an update. 

Not tried a new SD Card? Maybe speed is poor? It's fine for watching back footage and heath is good. 

The location is just outside on the wall of the house, the router is about 3m away through the wall. 

The signal is -44 RSSI.

I have a C100 and C200 too which the C200 is at the far side of the house and C100 a few rooms away too but they both don't suffer any issues with signal. 

I am going to drop a ethernet cable out my loft in the next few months for £20 it's worth a test run to see how it helps. 

Has anyone had a similar issue and found a resolution? 

I think maybe the issue lays in the Tapo cloud. I find the issue on WIFI and 5G on my phone. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:C320WS connection issues.
2023-12-15 07:09:30

@Gurky  I’m curious whether the live stream loads slowly only when watching C320WS but loads quickly when watching C100&C200, and maybe updating the Tapo app to the latest version will help you.

Options
2023-12-15 09:35:28

@Gurky 

The app is slow only for that camera on the app and the app is up to date. 

Options
2023-12-18 07:37:05

@Gurky 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-21 12:22:18

@Solla-topee even I am facing same issue only with c320ws, but c310 works perfectly. I tried reset reboot. Firmware is upto date. Auto reboot once in a day. Some times it opens quickly most of the times not.

Options
2023-12-22 07:10:15

@NarendraCh 

Hi, 
How long did you wait if the Live View page of Tapo C320WS loads slowly?

Is the Tapo C320WS connected to your router's Wi-Fi directly, or is there an AP/RE between them? On the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, please tap the Wi-Fi icon and check the signal strength value.

How far is it from the router? If there are any obstacles in between, try to move the obstacles if possible and see if the camera works better.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-22 10:01:12

@Solla-topee 

Hi its connected via the router no access point or anything.

The answers to all your others questions are in the original post.

The only obstacle is a wall, which I'm unable to move. 

Options