Tapo Camera Sharing with permissions

2024-01-25 14:30:03 - last edited 2024-01-30 11:35:42
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

Hi,

I see the option to share a camera with another Tapo account.

What I don't see is how can I control the share permissions.

I would like to share the camera, but only give view permissions without having the ability for the other party to control the camera settings.

Does this exist or not?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Camera Sharing with permissions-Solution
2024-01-26 09:22:42 - last edited 2024-01-30 11:35:42

@Contraband  @Lefteris23 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the feedback here, for your feature request, it's recommended to vote or leave your comments on the thread "grant/deny permissions for a shared device", and we will keep logging the request and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera Sharing with permissions
2024-01-26 06:06:34

@Lefteris23 I share my 3 garden cameras with my mother 3000 miles away and she shares one with me. Its great, but I agree, there needs to a list of options to choose from when sharing.

Also, my mothers is 73 so trying to talk her through setting it was a nightmare, 3 hours later we got it working via Facetime. It would have been a breeze if I could have have full access to all the settings on her camera. 

Options
Re:Tapo Camera Sharing with permissions-Solution
2024-01-26 09:22:42 - last edited 2024-01-30 11:35:42

@Contraband  @Lefteris23 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the feedback here, for your feature request, it's recommended to vote or leave your comments on the thread "grant/deny permissions for a shared device", and we will keep logging the request and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-26 12:24:31 - last edited 2024-01-26 12:25:15

@Solla-topee Thanks for the info.

Replied on the thread already.

You should definetely speak to the Product Manager for the Tapo App and get this in your Roadmap.

You can't really share a camera with all permissions, even inside a family.
Imagine my mother being on her 70's accidentally enabling/disabling features...

To be honest, if I knew about this limitation, I would have not purchased the camera, despite everything else is great, as this is key for me.

Thanks

Options
2024-01-29 11:16:33

@Lefteris23 

Hi, 
Currently, the shared accounts have access to the some features and will be unable to change the other settings of the camera.
For detailed information and instructions, please refer to the link: How to share my Tapo Smart Devices with family?

To improve our product, I'll keep logging the feature requests and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-29 11:39:24

@Solla-topee 

Thank you. I did confirm that shared accounts have only limited access which is great.
However ideally you would like to specify permissions on per account level, but I guess for my use this is fine now!

The other limit of the number of accounts is though something you should take a look at. Especially in the scenario of a camera in a appartment block that you want to share with the residents...

Options
2024-01-30 11:35:29

@Lefteris23 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your suggestions, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 394

Replies: 6

Related Articles