Votes

No Upgrade to Smart Action Limits Coming!

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Limit on Smart Actions?. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Limit on Smart Actions?. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 14:53:33 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:53:38
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just been speaking to TPLink support and they are now confirming that there are no plans to increase the number of enabled Smart Actions from 3. This is despite their FAQs stating there is a "selective group" getiing full access and that there is a "waiting list":-

"Q3: How many Smart Actions can be enabled at a time?

A: Up to 3 Smart Actions can be enabled at the same time.

Q4: Why it says “coming soon” in the Smart Actions tab?

A: Smart Actions is rolling out stage-by-stage to Kasa users. A selective group of Kasa users will be supported first where they have the full access to the Smart Actions, while other users are in the waiting list."

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2567/

This is just not acceptable when you're spent a good deal of money buying extra cameras and plugs, and now a monthly subscription to keep the functionality you previously had free(!), on the basis that TPLink has said full access is being rolled out.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No Upgrade to Smart Action Limits Coming!-Solution
2022-10-12 09:43:24 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:52:10

@AZZme 

Hello everyone, 

With the new Kasa APP 3.0 that has been released recently,  now we can have more than 3 smart action active at a time.

Please check this thread for the updated information for this feature request 

The Limit of Three Smart Actions Has Been Removed with the new Kasa 3.0 APP . -Solution

Related Articles:

Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:No Upgrade to Smart Action Limits Coming!
2020-12-08 10:34:04 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:52:10

@AZZme 

Hi, sorry to inform you that there is still not an update yet.

While another customer edival (#23) actually find a workaround, I think you can give it a go if you would like:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/173280

Options
2020-12-08 15:56:04 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:52:10

@Kevin_Z I have been trying to get the SmartThings App working for a while. But while I can Login and then get it to confirm that my TP Kasa account is linked to it, no devices appear.... whatever I do. 

Options
2021-11-06 11:14:32 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:52:10

Guys, there is a solution. We need to all band together and give 1 Star reviews when companies hold us hostage regarding basic features. I'm also considering complaining when YouTube reviewers give great reviews when not informing us of big limitations.

We need to start now by giving honest but negative reviews about basic features that don't make sense.

Options
2021-11-13 20:08:30 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:52:10

@Eddington agreed. They won't change unless it hits their bottom line. I've posted my bad rating and hope other people do too. I will also change this to a 5 start if tp-link removes the restriction (or at least bumps it up to a practical number, like 20+).

Options
Re:No Upgrade to Smart Action Limits Coming!-Solution
2022-10-12 09:43:24 - last edited 2023-01-04 05:52:10

@AZZme 

Hello everyone, 

With the new Kasa APP 3.0 that has been released recently,  now we can have more than 3 smart action active at a time.

Please check this thread for the updated information for this feature request 

The Limit of Three Smart Actions Has Been Removed with the new Kasa 3.0 APP . -Solution

Related Articles:

Kasa APP 3.0

New Kasa Application Launching

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1607

Replies: 5