Downgrade Firmware back to 1.1.8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-29 02:27:00
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 / 1.3.4

When I bought my Tapo P100, the Firmware was 1.1.8 and it was working well, at least the parts I have tried like 'Schedule' for example. The the App told me to update to a new version, v1.3.4 in my case. Now most parts are not working anymore.

Does anybody knows how to go back to the old Firmware?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Downgrade Firmware back to 1.1.8
2021-05-31 09:51:51

@gboelter 

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

I have also seen the other thread you have posted about Tapo cameras, and we are really sorry to cause you so much trouble;

As for the firmware 1.3.4 on the tapo P100, I am afraid  it could not be downgraded to 1.1.8 directly;

Since it is an official firmware and has been released to many regions, and we did not get much feedback about the new firmware issue, our senior engineers are very concern about your case;

If You would like to spend a little more, could you please tell me which functions on the Tapo P100 failed to work after firmware 1.3.4?

--Based on your previous post about Tapo P100,-V1-1.3.4, the issues seem related to schedule and smart action, right?

--So Would you please provide me the details about how they are not working?

--(Since every time I check the cloud status of this plug, it was always offline and smart action would need internet service to work properly, and even schedule might not always need internet service to maintain function but it is still necessary for the plug to sync the correct time; maybe that is why these features were not working properly;)

--And may I know the model number of your main router?

Thank you very much.

Options