unable to Connect to your Smart Plug Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-22 15:03:08 - last edited 2021-11-23 00:51:06
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have an HS100 Kasa Smart Plug (UK version), ver 4.1 hardware which I am trying to get connected to my WiFi. This plug was previously connected but has sat unused for the last few months.

I currently have 20 plugs connected to my WiFi (eero mesh) via the Kasa app, all working fine. I have reset by pressing and holding the reset button for 15 seconds, but the plug fails to connect.

Using an iPhone, location services and local network is ON. The WiFi network of the plug appears in the WiFi options - upon selecting the Kasa app will cycle for a few seconds before the error "Unable to Connect to your Smart Plug Wi-Fi" appears.

I have tried all 4 troubleshooting steps listed on that screen. Please help. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:unable to Connect to your Smart Plug Wi-Fi
2021-11-30 02:52:26

Hello @dylanb 

Sorry for the late reply. Please check our FAQ here for some suggestions Case 2 Unable to Connect to Your smart device’s Wi-Fi

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Ensure to turn VPN off on the phone, and you may try to set up on different phone if you got one. 

If still the same, can I know the steps you've tried,  may I have a photo of error message, the model and OS of your phone, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 1

Related Articles