TAPO C100 128GB SD CARD WORKED AND NOW NOT RECORDING OR FORMATTING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-04 16:52:37 - last edited 2022-01-04 17:14:53
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Bought C100 camera a month ago. Using Samsung Evo Plus 128 GB SD card. Initially it worked well and no issue. Since 26 December it stopped recording and upon checking the memory card was full eventhoug it was set to loop recording to over write old recording when memory is full. I can't delete the recordings or format the SD card. Been through lots of thread on formatting the sd card so please don't suggest the same old methods as i have tried them all. The system does support 128 GB sd card so please don't ask trying on 32GB sd card as i don't have them. 

'microSD Card' setting shows Good as the previous recordings are there. When i select Format from that menu it takes about a minute and gives an error as 'Failed to format'. Immidietely after it ask to 'Initialize' the card. Selecting this option will take about 1 minute and gives same message as 'Failed to format'. It keeps on repeating on asking for initializing the card same result and doesn't do anthing. 

What would be the reason of camera not recording suddently and not allowing to format.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TAPO C100 128GB SD CARD WORKED AND NOW NOT RECORDING OR FORMATTING
2022-02-09 13:15:21

Hello @vc139144 

Sorry for the late response, thank you for your detailed post,  may I know where the issue get resolved later? 

1. Please verify if SD card is Fake (expanded capacity) with H2testw software and share a photo with us 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2592/
NOTE: back up important files before run the test

2.  Confirm Tapo APP and Tapo device firmware are both up - to - date

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1244

Replies: 1

Related Articles