Unable to connect by LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to connect by LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to connect by LAN
Unable to connect by LAN
2022-05-09 16:57:48 - last edited 2022-05-09 16:59:05
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12 build 211126 rel. 15622n(4555)

Hello everybody,

yesterday, after some weeks of working one and just after one day the other, my two c310 tapo cam has stopped working by lan.

I don't know what has happen but now I'm not able to use them by LAN. I did a lot of test by resetting them without success.

I can use them just by wifi because also if I connect them by LAN after wifi setup the green led became orange and the camera stop working.

As soon as I disconnect from lan led became green and it start working again.

I checked also on the router and seem that cam doesn't ask to it for IP number. Because last days has been rainy days my idea is that humidly cause some sort of fault on the electronic circuit so I'm not so confident that I will be able to recover both camera.

I wrote humidly and not rain because they are under a roof so they are not directly under the rain...

Anyone has some idea to fix the problem? I wrote to TP-Link Italian support but for now any news from them.

sorry for my bad english and thanks for your attentions.

regards.

Alessandro

Options
3 Reply
Re:Unable to connect by LAN
2022-05-10 02:03:23

Hello  @Ale.Agos 

Thank you for the detailed post, wish I could help!

At first, please ensure the Ethernet cables goes into camera still have internet. You could connect Ethernet cable - PC and ensure that cable still have internet

Factory reset camera and reinstall it, when set it up in Tapo APP, please select ' Etehrnet( Wire) ' instead of 'WiFi ', make sure phone connected to home wifi network,  could the app find the camera? 

Do you own 2 tapo C310, do they encounter the same issue? If there is any Error when set up the camera, feel free to let us know. 

Options
2022-05-11 10:18:28

@Solla-topee 

Hello and thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Unfortunately I did all the steps you asked me to do before and without any success.

So I think we need to find a different way to solve the problem.

At now cams are working ok in wifi but they are unable to work if I connect them to lan cable...

There is any way to make a "deep" reset of them or check for fault on camera's motherboard?

Options
2022-05-12 05:58:55

Hello  @Ale.Agos 

The deep reset is the to use a pin to push the reset hole as guide How to reset my Tapo camera

If Ethernet set up failed, to check if there is any faulty with Ethernet cable with camera, we need to know at which step the set-up failed

1)  Could the camera be found by Tapo APP through 'Ethernet (Wired' connection)

You could log in router to check if camera shows up in router client list device. 

2) Check if there is advanced settings on router like MAC filtering, Access control etc.

3) Try swap a different Ethernet cable between router and camera.

If a PC/ laptop connect to the same Ethernet cable from router, could it get internet and IP address. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 196

Replies: 3

Related Articles