tapo share whatsapp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tapo share whatsapp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tapo share whatsapp
tapo share whatsapp
2022-05-27 17:59:00 - last edited 2022-05-30 01:18:03
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi all,

I live far from home and I bought the C200 with the intent of sharing it with my family via whatsapp however it looks like this is not possible, correct me if I'm wrong please and in order to share the other person need to install the app as well and it is limited to 2 sharing only. Is there a workaround e.g. external app to share it as link so the other can see the live streaming or different product that fits for whatsapp sharing?

thanks!

Tom

Options
4 Reply
Re:tapo share whatsapp
2022-05-30 02:34:07 - last edited 2022-05-30 02:39:56

Hello  @Tuscan72 

The Live viewing can be shared with the shared account in the Tapo APP as guide here but not in WhatsApp, but you could download tapo APP and easily share the camera with your family in Tapo APP:How to share your Tapo smart devices (smart plug, smart camera, smart lighting) with your families

If you wish to share with more than 2 family members, the workaround here to share your tp-link account and login the same account on a different phone. 

At this time, the recordings in Memory (the manually recorded videos) can be shared, refer to Q2.4 here for details 

General Questions about the Tapo Camera

Sharing camera in WhatsApp is a new idea,  It is encouraged to also share your idea on Feature Request board or leave vote for Most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo,in this way users who are interested with this feature could vote or comment for it, that will help with the feature evaluation! Thank you.  

Options
2022-05-30 05:56:15
Thanks for your reply, I have now opened a request to add this feacture. It should be an easy thing to implement with a software update and it would attract more customers and have an advantage over the competitors as WhatsApp is one of the most used app to share things these days so in my view it should be done regardless of my request 😊
Options
2022-05-31 08:58:00

@Tuscan72  Thank you for share the detailed scenarios, just noticed the feature request post you started.yes

Any user who also likes this feature, please go to this Sharing camera in WhatsApp and comment for it. Thank you. 

Options
2022-06-04 18:15:08
is there any tplink camera available that allow sharing link via WhatsApp?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 766

Replies: 4

Related Articles