Too many events make it impossible to playback?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-15 11:16:02 - last edited 2022-10-25 11:43:05
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

I have many Tapo C210 cameras in various locations.

A few of these cameras are in busy locations that get traffic for like 18 hours a day. Despite having a strong internet connection, I noticed that I just can't seem to playback the content from these cameras (real time viewing is fine though).

I believe this is happening because the motion detectors register events every few minutes, so the list of timestamps has hundreds of entries.

Other cameras using the same connection work fine, but they are in a more quiet location and get a few dozen motion registers instead of hundreds. I can playback normally on these other cameras.

Am I right? Is the high amount of detections causing my app/camera to be unable to playback content?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Too many events make it impossible to playback?-Solution
2022-10-19 05:44:57 - last edited 2022-10-25 11:43:05

Hello  @Fbphoto 

Thank you for the feedback, if you can not view playback

1. Force close the Tapo APP on your first phone (in case the app is still running on the background)

2. Reboot Tapo camera . In Camera Live view> tap the ' Wheel' icon on the right top and go to Camera Settings> reboot camera

3. Make sure the device camera and Tapo APP are both up to date

4. Make sure SD card status is good, and you can view SD card contents  on the computer first. 

If still the same, may I know the model of your phone and its OS version? The Tapo APP version?

Please Verify the Micro SD Cards on your computer and share a photo of the SD card test result, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-25 11:42:59 - last edited 2022-10-25 11:44:32

@Solla-topee Rebooting seems to sort it, thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Too many events make it impossible to playback?
2022-10-15 19:36:00

Just adding here, I also have a few C320WS in the SAME wifi connection and those don't have this issue despite registering just as many events, is this a limitation of the C210?

Options
2022-10-19 05:44:57 - last edited 2022-10-25 11:43:05

Hello  @Fbphoto 

Thank you for the feedback, if you can not view playback

1. Force close the Tapo APP on your first phone (in case the app is still running on the background)

2. Reboot Tapo camera . In Camera Live view> tap the ' Wheel' icon on the right top and go to Camera Settings> reboot camera

3. Make sure the device camera and Tapo APP are both up to date

4. Make sure SD card status is good, and you can view SD card contents  on the computer first. 

If still the same, may I know the model of your phone and its OS version? The Tapo APP version?

Please Verify the Micro SD Cards on your computer and share a photo of the SD card test result, thank you. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-10-25 11:42:59 - last edited 2022-10-25 11:44:32

@Solla-topee Rebooting seems to sort it, thank you

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Too many events make it impossible to playback?
2022-10-25 11:45:10

@Fbphoto Glad to know that!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 267

Replies: 4