Delete motion detection videos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-08 06:48:55 - last edited 2023-01-08 06:52:06
Tags: #Motion Detection #Delete
Model: TC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

How can I delete only motion detection videos?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Delete motion detection videos
2023-01-10 09:30:11

Hi  @Ignominium 

Thank you for posting. 

If you have subscribed to Tapo care service, you can delete the motion detection video on the Cloud Videos page. (Camera liveview--Cloud Videos, or APP--Me--Cloud video)

If you use SD card for local recording: Delete the video by reading the SD card with a computer

1. With motion detection enabled + recording schedule set to record 24h continuous recording

The motion detection video cannot be deleted separately because it is part of the continuously recorded video. You can choose to delete the continuous recording video with this motion detection

2. With motion detection enabled + recording schedule: record motion detection only

Find the corresponding video on the SD card and delete it with a computer. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Delete motion detection videos
2023-01-13 14:30:36

@Ignominium 

First of all, thanks for you response

I use SD card for recording, motion detection or continuous recording

The problem, really, is that it doesn't exist ability to manage motion detection videos on TP-Link Tapo mobile app.

That's all. It's a lack of mobile app. It has ability to manage continuous recording videos, but not motion detection videos.

It's easier format SD with mobile app than carry SD card to a computer, in fact.

Only if I wanted to preserve videos, I would take the card to the computer, because it's cumbersome to remove and carry the SD card to the computer, and then put it back, every time an insignificant motion sequence is recorded, especially if the camera is installed on the ceiling

But, again, it's easier to share on demand videos, but is not possible with motion detection videos ... that's another lack of mobile app.

Summarizing, the TP-Link Tapo mobile app, has lacks on management of motion detections videos. No delete, no rename, no share ...

I hope developers think about it for future updates

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1096

Replies: 2

Related Articles