Automation Doesn’t work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Automation Doesn’t work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Automation Doesn’t work
Automation Doesn’t work
2023-02-15 16:33:03
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hello,

I keep trying to set up automation but it doesn't work. I'm trying to use motion detection on my C200 to turn on a Tapo light strip in the same room but nothing works. Tried with another C200 in another room with another Tapo light strip and that doesn't work either. All devices are up to date with firmware etc. Motion Detection is enabled, as is AI Detection but it still doesn't work. Tried every setting available to me within the Tapo app with no luck. Could anyone tell me if it's a known issue and if there is a fix? Pretty gutted as it was one of the selling points of the camera for me but I can't get it to work.

thanks,

Barry.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Automation Doesn’t work
2023-02-17 09:43:50 - last edited 2023-02-17 10:02:08

@MMBaz 

Edit: 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. For this issue, here are some tips that may help:

1. Check if camera motion detection takes effect

2. If you have other Tapo smart action Trigger-supported devices (plug, sensor, switch, etc), try to create automation to control the camera and the strip separately, test if it will work. 

3. Confirm if you can control the Tapo device remotely. 

If the problem still exists, please update here and we'll assist further, thank you!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-02-18 07:08:59
Hello, thanks for your reply! I have since learned that Motion Automation is only available on the C210 which is disappointing (I was notified via E-Mail that someone replied to me and read their comment but I can’t see their comment here). The only differences that were listed between the C210 and C200 at the time of purchase was camera resolution and SD card memory limit. If I had known Motion Automation didn’t work, I would’ve opted for the C210. They need to disable the ability to set up Motion Automation for the C200 otherwise people like myself will waste hours trying to fix something that isn’t broken lol. I might look into getting the C210 if it uses the same mounting bracket and power connector as the C200. I’ve mounted my C200 to the ceiling so it would be good if they can be swapped out. Anyway, thanks again for the reply (and thanks to the others who have replied but I can’t see lol) Barry.
Options
2023-02-21 08:10:06

@MMBaz 

Can you check the hardware version of your C200? The previous reply was from me as well until I notice the product information you chose, so I edited the reply. 

If your C200 is V3, then it support smart action, please check the information above and we'll help to look into it!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-02-22 10:56:04 - last edited 2023-02-22 10:59:03

@Wayne-TP 

I got four C200, all hardware version 1.

Yesterday one of my cams received a firmware update from 1.1.18 to 1.3.2, and after the update the cam supports automation.

Options
2023-02-25 00:20:26 - last edited 2023-02-25 00:21:47

Ah, I see! That will explain why I couldn’t see it lol. My hardware version is 3 and I’m on firmware 1.3.0. I tried to search for updates but it says it’s up to date already. I have 3 cameras and all of them are version 3 with the same firmware But none of them are able to turn on my Tapo light strip’s via motion detection. I have a set of L900-5’s and a set of L930-5’s and both can’t be switched on via motion detection from the C200’s. they all work flawlessly independently however! Thanks again for your reply and I’m looking forward to getting to the bottom of this then!

Options
2023-02-27 01:30:41

Hi  @MMBaz 

To use Motion triggering smart action, you need set up an Smart Action/ Automation rule in the Tapo APP.

And the camera 's firmware need support this feature. 

Trigger: Camera

Motion Detected 

Action: Plug 

Turn ON/ OFF

General Tapo Camera Motion-Triggered Smart Action and Privacy Mode Shortcut and Automation

Can I know the firmware & hardware version of your Tapo camera, thank you. 

Options
2023-03-01 21:54:14 - last edited 2023-03-01 21:57:33

@Solla-topee Hey, thanks for your reply. My model is C200, its hardware version is 3.0 and the firmware version is 1.3.0

I've properly set it up in the app, it just doesn't work. I've had conflicting advice about my camera version supporting this feature so hopefully you can clear things up for me, thanks!

Options
2023-03-02 07:26:08 - last edited 2023-03-06 07:14:37

Edit: May I know were you able to use Smart Action later, if not, feel free to reply the support email and provide a screenshot of Smart Action settings, thank you

Hi @MMBaz 

Please confirm the camera detects the motion and motion detection clips are triggered or there is motion detection notification.

Can you share some screenshots of the smart action settings in details.  

To follow up on your case and look into further, we'd create a support email TKID230303044, please check your email inbox, thank you 

Options
2023-03-10 03:46:21

@MMBaz May I know does the automation works for you right now, Feel free to let us know for any new observation or you can reply to support email TKID230303044

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 943

Replies: 9

Related Articles