Video playback stucks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Video playback stucks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Video playback stucks
Video playback stucks
2023-07-11 07:37:15 - last edited 2023-07-13 10:08:05
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

Howdy Experts!

Since the weekend, the application does not play the videos recorded with the C310 camera, the playback stops after the 2nd second. The same is true for the live video, it also freezes at the 2nd second.
I restarted my phone and camera but nothing changed.
I reinstalled the app, no change. I took out the SD card (the status of it according to the application is excellent), and tried to play the recorded videos on the PC. They were playable without any problems. Regardless, I reformatted the memory card and put it back in the camera, which initialized it. The playback were still stuck after that too. I reseted the camera, but that didn't help either. I checked the WiFi signal strength at the camera, which was excellent.
I connected to the camera in VLC from a PC to watch the live stream, which works perfectly, it could be watched continuously.
What could be the cause of the error? Please help to solve this problem!

Thank you in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Video playback stucks-Solution
2023-07-13 10:07:58 - last edited 2023-08-01 05:52:58
Update on Aug 1, 2023. 

Hello everyone, 
@holzmichl Thank you for your case report here, and below are the suggestions for this issue.

Problem Description:
The image stucks after playing for several seconds when watching the Tapo Cam on the Live View or Playback page on the Tapo app(2.16.X) with some Huawei phones.

This Article Applies to:
Tapo Android APP Version 2.16.xxx with some Huawei smartphones 

Suggestions:
1. On the Tapo app, click on the Tapo Cam and go to the Camera Settings>Advanced Settings>Display Settings, and then select the Compatible Mode and check if the problem solves.

2. We have released the new Tapo app(2.17.112) and it will solve the issue. Please update your Tapo app version on Google Play if you have this issue.

3. If you need further help, please provide the following information to support.forum@tp-link.com with the email tile 'Forum ID 614756+ Cam model + the image stuck after playing for several seconds when watching the Tapo Cam', and then our support will continue to help with your case.
1) The MAC address of your Tapo Cam.
2) The model number and OS version of your phone.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Video playback stucks
2023-07-12 08:27:37

@holzmichl 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report.
Would you please check the model number and OS version of your phone? And try to watch the camera on a different phone and check if the problem will disappear.
Best Regards.

Options
2023-07-12 09:23:28

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your reply!

Here are the data of my phone:

Huawei P Smart

Android 9

Before the test on an other phone, let me have a question.

How do you suggest to perform the test? It is enoudh to share the access to the cam with someone from my family, or it must be completely remove the Tapo app from mine and install it on the other one phone?

Regards

Options
Re:Video playback stucks-Solution
2023-07-13 10:07:58 - last edited 2023-08-01 05:52:58
Update on Aug 1, 2023. 

Hello everyone, 
@holzmichl Thank you for your case report here, and below are the suggestions for this issue.

Problem Description:
The image stucks after playing for several seconds when watching the Tapo Cam on the Live View or Playback page on the Tapo app(2.16.X) with some Huawei phones.

This Article Applies to:
Tapo Android APP Version 2.16.xxx with some Huawei smartphones 

Suggestions:
1. On the Tapo app, click on the Tapo Cam and go to the Camera Settings>Advanced Settings>Display Settings, and then select the Compatible Mode and check if the problem solves.

2. We have released the new Tapo app(2.17.112) and it will solve the issue. Please update your Tapo app version on Google Play if you have this issue.

3. If you need further help, please provide the following information to support.forum@tp-link.com with the email tile 'Forum ID 614756+ Cam model + the image stuck after playing for several seconds when watching the Tapo Cam', and then our support will continue to help with your case.
1) The MAC address of your Tapo Cam.
2) The model number and OS version of your phone.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-13 18:41:32

@Solla-topee 

Hi!

I have shared my cam and the experience is that, on a Samsung phone running Android 12 all the videos are playing smooth without any stuck.

Something is not enoudh good in the new version (2.16.112) of the Tapo app.

Kind regards

Options
2023-07-13 18:54:14

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your suggestions and help to really solve this problem!

Let me have reactions to your suggestsions to make a clear situation:

1. Update the OS version of the phone to the latest.

It is running the atest version what is can be achive for my phone.

2. ...select the Compatible Mode....

My phone has been using the Tapo application in compatibility mode since the beginning.

3. We have a beta Tapo app...

OK! Let's try the beta version! I will provide the necessary data of my phone by e-mail, as you described.

Best regards!

Options
2023-07-14 08:02:55

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I have installed the beta version of Tapo app.

According to my first experience, it is works fine. No any stuck in video playback.

Thanks!

Regards

Options
2023-07-14 09:13:24

@holzmichl 

Hi,
Glad to hear your problem is solved, and you can also try to install the new Tapo app if you can see it on Google Play.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 7

Related Articles