Tapo C320WS Motion detection in activity zone no longer working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-16 09:32:57 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:54:37
Tags: #Motion Detection #Activity Zone
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

So after 6 months of the camera working as it should ove the past couple of days it is no longer picking up motion detection in activity zones.

I have tried the following:

1. Disconnect from the mains power and rebooted.

2. Rebooted the camera from the App

3. Re-formatted the SD card (even though it was showing as good)

4. Disabled and re-enabled the activity zones.

When the activity zone is set to the full view of the camera the camera picks up changes of light (cars driving past) and records/logs the motion (and light comes on) yet when motion is there (no lights) people walking past etc no activity is recorded and the spot light does not come on.

When the activity zone is set to a custom size (the same as what it has been previously for 6 months) it does absolutely nothing, no motion is detected and even car lights do not trigger/record the activity.

AI is turned off as we all know this is activated for the whole camera view which is not what I want (driveway)

No firmware updates are available for the camera

The mobile phone app is on the latest version.

Any ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS Motion detection in activity zone no longer working
2023-09-18 08:04:40

@Markw9696 

Hi,
After you configure the activity zone on the Motion Detection page on the Tapo app, have you tapped Home/Away Mode on the Tapo app>>Cameras page? The Home/Away mode settings may overwrite the existing motion detection settings thus the motion detection feature is not working.

If not, please help confirm the following information after you notice the motion detection feature does not work again.
1) On the Camera Settings page>>Detection & Alerts>>Motion Detection page, please send me a picture of it. And send me the pictures of the Activity Notifications and Alarm pages.

2) Please send me the MAC address of the Tapo C320WS, and a video showing a motion in front of the camera within the activity zone but no recordings.
You can send me a link to download the video and MAC address via private message.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 361

Replies: 1

Tags

Motion Detection
Activity Zone
Related Articles