Tapo C320WS activity zones not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-01 22:00:43
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi all, I just installed the Tapo C320WS. Simple enough and seems to work great, except for the activity zones. I want the motion detection limited to things happening on the driveway, but I am getting notifications all the time for everything that is happening out on the street (cars, people) well outside the activity zone. I made the zone smaller and smaller, but that does not make a difference. When someone walks by well outside the zone, it does not just detect motion (maybe a reflection or something), but the AI detects a person and sends a notification accordingly. The camera is basically just ignoring the zone I set up. I don't want to switch off the motion detection, because that is why I got it. Finding more people complaining about this on the forum, unfortunately. What can be done about it?

thx!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C320WS activity zones not working
2023-07-03 11:36:59

@RJG81 

Hi,
Currently, the Activity Zone set on the Motion Detection page works for the motion detection feature but not the AI detection feature. If AI detection is enabled(Person detection and Vehicle detection are enabled), the activity zone for this feature is the full screen of the camera rather than the activity zone you set.

You can turn off the AI detection and turn on the Motion Detection only, and then only the motion in the activity zone you set will be detected.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-03 13:50:27

@Solla-topee Hi and thx for the reply. I am gonna try this, thank you! It is not very self-evident though. Would be great if this could be made a bit more intuitive! 

Options
2023-07-04 07:22:17

@RJG81 

Hi, 
Thank you for your feedback, and I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 3

Related Articles