C320WS can be reached local only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-27 14:18:35 - last edited 2023-10-30 07:12:07
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi folks,

i bought 2 new C320WS and get the error, that both cameras can be accessed local only. When i put my cellphone in LET mode i cannot see the cameras.

This is very strange, because i use 3 other Tapo cams than can be reached from outside as well.

Only my 2 C320WS can only be reached from inside my local network.

Strange thing: I've updated the firmware on both cameras from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5, so the sure have access to the internet.

Also i tried the DNS Server 8.8.8.8 as described in the FAQ. No chance. 3 Cameras, various light strips and power plugs can be reached from outside my local network. Only the 2 new C320WS can not be reached from outside.

I could not find someone on the web with the same problem, so i wonder if someone has an idea, what could cause this?

It happens on WLAN Standard 4 and 6 and on LAN as well.

My router (FritzBox 7490 AX) has all ports opened, no firewall and says, that both C320WS are accessable from the internet.

I also used the diagnostic to protocol everything but Tapo wants me to send the cam back to check them. I doubt, that 2 Cameras hast the same issue...

I would be happy, if someone could help with an idea, because the cams are great.

Thanks in advance, sue

Options
1 Reply
Re:C320WS can be reached local only
2023-10-30 07:16:06

@sue1 

Hi Sue,
I see the same problem posted on forum ID 635300, please refer to the reply in that thread.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 1

Related Articles