C320WS nur lokal erreichbar

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-27 14:09:34 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:34:34
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.05

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe bereits 3 Tapo Kameras, die alle einwandfrei funktionieren.

Jetzt habe ich eine neue C320WS gekauft und eingerichtet. Diese Kamera meldet allerdings, dass sie nur lokal betrieben werden kann. Sie ist auch nur im lokalen Netzwerk erreichbar. Wenn ich unterwegs bin, dann kann ich nicht auf diese Kamera zugreifen. Fehler: "Dieses Smart-Gerät kann nur lokal gesteuert werden."

Ich kann auch die Nutzung der Kamera nicht mit einem anderen Konto teilen, so wie das mit den anderen Kameras geht und ich kann bei der Kamera keinen "Standort" (Carport) speichern. Auswählen kann ich einen Standort. Beim Speichern kommt aber eine Fehlermeldung. Das alles deutet ja darauf hin, dass die Kamera irgendwas nicht erreichen kann.

Das Problem tritt über WLAN und LAN auf. Auch in einem Gast-WLAN kann man die Kamera nur lokal ansprechen.

Ich habe dann probeweise eine C100 Kamera neu aufgesetzt und da klappt wieder alles.

Dann habe ich heute eine neue C320WS Kamera gekauft, um auszuschließen, dass es an der einen Kamera liegt. Aber auch diese C320WS zeigt oben im Bild, dass sie nur lokal funktioniert.

Ich habe schon sämtliche Tipps aus dem Support befolgt. DNS Server auf 8.8.8.8 und 8.8.4.4 gesetzt. Die Firmware bei beiden Kameras aktualisiert auf 1.0.5. Da das Firmwareupdate geklappt hat, ist ja irgendwie auch klar, dass die Kameras mit dem Internet verbunden sind.

Ich habe WLAN 4 und WLAN 6 Standard probiert.

Es ist einfach nichts zu machen und ich wundere mich, dass ich scheinbar der Einzige im ganzen Internet bin, bei dem ca. 10 Tapo Geräte einwandfrei von außen angesprochen werden können und nur 2 neue C320WS Kameras nicht von extern angesprochen werden können. Sobald ich mein Handy aus dem WLAN nehme und mit LTE verbunden bin, verschwinden sofort die beiden C320WS Kameras. Alle anderen Kameras, Steckdosen und Light Strips bleiben weiterhin sicht- und bedienbar.

Der Router ist eine FritzBox 7490 AX mit aktuellster Firmware. In der Netzwerkübersicht ist für die C320WS auch die selbstständige Portfreigabe aktiviert und die Fritzbox meldet, dass beide C320WS aus dem Internet erreichbar sind.

Über mein Synologie NAS kann ich die beiden Kameras auch von unterwegs sehen. Also grundsätzlich funktioniert der Zugriff auf mein Netzwerk auch von außen. Für alles. Nur für 2x C320WS nicht.

Ich würde die Kameras am Wochenende zurückschicken. Aber das muss doch einen Grund geben, warum ausgerechnet nur diese beiden Kameras nicht von außen ansprechbar sind. Ansonsten ist die Kamera extrem gut.

Hat jemand eine Idee, was man da noch tun könnte?

sue

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C320WS nur lokal erreichbar-Solution
2023-10-30 09:19:25 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:34:34

@sue1 Hello,

the Problem is solved, but forget all of your "FAQ Stuff", in this case.

The problem was my Tapo Account.

I tried to install the cameras on another (brandnew) Tapo Account, to check if this will work and it worked fine.

So i was sure the cams are ok.

I then changed the Password for my Tapo Account, just to see, if some changes to my account would change something and after that, both cams worked fine. Just with a simple "Change Password".

I really wonder, why no one at Tapo ever looked into my account and checked, if the cams are visible there. It is obvious, that all the standard faq stuff "does your router has internet access", etc.) could not help here, if 10 other devices work like a charm in the same environment.

Maybe it had something to do with a special character in my Accounts Password. Maybe not... (Edit: I see, that Tapo says "1. Aftering investigating and working with some of the customers, we are able to address that the issue may occur if there are some special characters like % in specific locations of the password." on the mentioned page https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/618434) Would be nice to had this info one week before to save some hours of lifetime. My old PW had a "%" in it.

"Money saved, because Tapo wanted me to send the cams to the repair center. This would have ended in nothing else than a "Your cams work fine, please check your router".

Regards, sue1

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:C320WS nur lokal erreichbar
2023-10-30 07:10:59 - last edited 2023-10-30 07:40:07

@sue1 

Hi Sue,

Whether the two Tapo C320WS have the remote control issue now? If not, can you share your solution in this thread?

If the problem remains, please help check if your router has Firewall settings, MAC Filtering, or Access Control entry that may block the camera from going to the internet.
You can also refer to this thread to check if it will solve your issue.

Best Regards

Options
Re:C320WS nur lokal erreichbar-Solution
2023-10-30 09:19:25 - last edited 2023-10-31 08:34:34

@sue1 Hello,

the Problem is solved, but forget all of your "FAQ Stuff", in this case.

The problem was my Tapo Account.

I tried to install the cameras on another (brandnew) Tapo Account, to check if this will work and it worked fine.

So i was sure the cams are ok.

I then changed the Password for my Tapo Account, just to see, if some changes to my account would change something and after that, both cams worked fine. Just with a simple "Change Password".

I really wonder, why no one at Tapo ever looked into my account and checked, if the cams are visible there. It is obvious, that all the standard faq stuff "does your router has internet access", etc.) could not help here, if 10 other devices work like a charm in the same environment.

Maybe it had something to do with a special character in my Accounts Password. Maybe not... (Edit: I see, that Tapo says "1. Aftering investigating and working with some of the customers, we are able to address that the issue may occur if there are some special characters like % in specific locations of the password." on the mentioned page https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/618434) Would be nice to had this info one week before to save some hours of lifetime. My old PW had a "%" in it.

"Money saved, because Tapo wanted me to send the cams to the repair center. This would have ended in nothing else than a "Your cams work fine, please check your router".

Regards, sue1

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C320WS nur lokal erreichbar
2023-10-31 08:34:30

@sue1 

Hi, 
Thank you very much for your case sharing, and glad to hear the problem is solved.

From your description, the problem is the one posted in thread 618434, and your problem should be caused by the character % in your old password. 

This issue is expected to be fixed in the upcoming official release of firmware. Please pay close attention to the Firmware Update on the Tapo app and update the firmware in time when it's available.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 3

Related Articles